About Chubb Chubb Ltd is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling and global reach with local knowledge and expertise.
Senior Property & Casualty Risk Engineer: We are currently seeking applicants for a Sr. Property & Casualty Risk Engineer (PCRE). The PCRE professional operates within the Risk Engineering Department and is considered an integral component of the valued added services that we provide for our commercial insurance policy holders. The position will initially report to the Regional Risk Engineering Manager and directly support our Seattle, WA territory, with additional support to the Portland, OR territory.
Description: The primary focus of this position is to provide our underwriting team an understanding of a client’s operations and to counsel clients on best practices related to their existing operations and programs (employee safety, fleet, facility maintenance, business continuation, products safety, etc.). The individual will assist clients with identifying hazards within their facilities and, as appropriate, provide recommendations for improved practices. The individual will also discuss and provide Chubb’s Risk Engineering services to support a client needs and/or improve the account’s loss history (i.e. business continuation planning, employee safety training, safety committee support, product safety review and evaluate building fire protection systems). The Sr. Property & Casualty Risk Engineer will routinely engage with existing and prospective customers. Comprehensive reports will be completed that evaluate hazards and controls for adequate risk selection, pricing, and application of underwriting techniques leading to profitable growth. Daily activities will include scheduling client engagements, processing client correspondence and inquiries, report completion and recommendation follow-up, and coordination with claims and underwriting partners. Our goal is to exceed service expectations and consistently support satisfactory risk selection and client retention. Occasional travel is required throughout the region as business needs warrant. Overnight travel is required on occasion to support on-going business needs. Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum 10 years of experience in property, casualty, and worker's compensation insurance risk management and loss prevention functions, primarily focused on evaluating hazards and controls.
- Candidate must have sound proficiency in hazard identification skills, with an emphasis in Property, General Liability, Products, Commercial Vehicle & Worker’s Compensation coverages. Life Science knowledge is a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of existing exposures and safety controls for the following lines of business: property, business interruption, general liability, product liability, workers' compensation, and commercial vehicle. Fire pump test knowledge and industrial hygiene knowledge is desirable.
- Counsel and provide presentations to existing customers on a variety of safety related topics.
- Time management and work planning skills are essential for delivering efficient and productive workflow
- Teamwork and advanced communication skills are necessary to achieve business goals
- Strong interpersonal skills, including basic business expertise, such as sales, ability to negotiate, and the capability to interact with a wide variety of customers are essential
- Additional competencies required include proficient technical writing skills, proficient interviewing techniques, self-management, problem solving, and results orientation
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is preferred.
Education and Certification:
- Four-year college degree with major in Safety & Health, Sciences or Engineering preferred.
- Possessing relevant professional designations or certifications such as CSP or ARM is highly desirable.