Job ID: 20170928-10093-EF
Verisk Analytics has an amazing story to tell. In 2016, Forbes magazine named Verisk Analytics to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list and to its America’s Best Large Employers list. If you’re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us.
At Verisk, you can build a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work; create a positive, lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advancedtechnologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Verisk Analytics is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, and financial services. We’ve been delivering data, analytics, and decision support services to our customers for more than 45 years. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including thecommunities where we operate.
The ISO Underwriting unit of Verisk is hiring an experienced SR Project Manager responsible for planning, executing, and finalizing projects according to established timelines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of cross functional team members in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Define and document project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with product management and stakeholders
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communication documents
- Effectively communicate project expectations to project team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Determine and assess need for additional project staff and/or consultants during theproject cycle
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Possess and utilize strong change management skills in influencing team members in a matrixed organization
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and/or work experience
- Proven track record for delivering both business and technology projects
- Extensive working knowledge of agile and waterfall development methodologies
- 5+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution
- 10+ years contributing to project teams in some capacity
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project, Innotas, and Jira
We are offering an excellent compensation package that includes short-term cash incentive. Our competitive benefits package includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and generous Paid-Time-Off.