Currently, we are seeking a Senior Project Manager - Construction (SPM) to join our Project & Development Services team. Our Project & Development Services (PDS) division handles construction project management oversight for a wide array of multi-site projects.
- Works as part of the Project Team, assisting with the development of scope and schedule for project work.
- Provide superior client service.
- Provide superior project management.
- Contribute to the growth of the company.
- Enhance own professional and personal skills.
- Meet assigned financial targets.
- This position will be dedicated on site working directly with the client on a daily basis.
- Support project executives on large complex projects and assignments.
- Proactively manage project-related issues on account or assignment.
- Develop scope and schedule for assigned projects.
- Conduct and document all weekly meetings.
- Coordinate and track all Vendor RFP's. Maintain accurate and consistent electronic files and documentation.
- Coordinate activities of sub-contractors and relocation of technical functions.
- Interact and negotiate with contractors and subcontractors
- Prepare/update project status reports, process purchase orders and invoices, update tracking reports and maintain files for due diligence and financials.
- Demonstrate a proactive focus on meeting client and project requirements in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all project management technology as required for assigned projects.
- Work closely with Client user groups in coordinating their specific requirements relative to design, construction and occupancy of their facilities.
- Comply with all Jones Lang LaSalle policies and procedures, including but not limited to ethics and business practice.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Construction Management, Design, or Engineering
- Strong analytical & problem solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills for building trusted relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Strong negotiation skills with ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Self-starter motivated for continuous improvement
- Computer skills in MS Office, including MS Project
- Excellent time management
- 10 years + of construction project management experience