Sr Project Manager, Technical (Technology PMO)
Are you ready to join the Un-carrier and bring your leadership and collaboration skills to our Technology PMO?? We’re looking for our next great Sr Project Manager who can drive business solutions into our network. Our PMO is at the cutting edge of industry-shaping technologies – projects and programs related to our world-class LTE network, Core infrastructure, Data Centers, Security, Retail … just to name a few! You’ll be supporting T-Mobile’s success by delivering and implementing large and complex new systems, projects, processes, and/or programs that improve profitability, reduce costs, streamline operations, and enhance service to the business and customers.
Collaboration within the Un-carrier is key – and you’ll be working with cross-functional business and technology teams to solve problems and implement new solutions. We’re looking for someone who can bring multiple projects together focusing on delivery of overarching goals and business objectives with the ability to speak to details catering to varying audiences up to and including executive levels. You’ll be the visionary leader for the overall initiative – empowered to articulate the goals and objectives of the project or program and how these will impact the business.
If you love working with and leading people, driving business results, exposure to new technologies and supporting the Un-carrier Brand, our Technology PMO is the place to be!
Enterprise Core Competencies
We’re looking for the best of the best – with an emphasis on customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
- Assemble key players on the program / project team and facilitate internal working relationships across the enterprise which fosters the development of cross functional teamwork. Pull together the inter-related activities of the technical and operational initiatives to ensure overarching project and program goals are achieved. Partner with business, technology and engineering stakeholders to vet project scope through ideation and design through to project completion. Delegate project responsibilities and task interfaces, direct, motivate and manage the project work and resources involved with the project. Ensure timely activity, integration and productivity of technical support and administer efficient use of resources to meet requirements with clear identification of task completion. Question ambiguous responsibilities and manage conflicts to an early resolution and escalation of any unresolved issues. Play a support role with technical solutions ensuring all groups’ responsibilities are included. Look for opportunities to challenge current thinking, turn obstacles into opportunities, and bring additional value to the business.
- Facilitate the creation of the project and / or program charter and examine related technical documentation for completeness and latest versions and ensure availability and distribution to all project team members. Insure required document review and approvals according to company standards and processes.
- Facilitate creation of work breakdown structures, develop and update project and program schedules/plans with actual and forecasted deliverables and manage deviations from plan. Analyze validity of schedules submitted by outside parties contributing to the project. Distribute schedules in various formats and detail to suit different users or audiences. Monitor actual project progress, compare to baseline and report progress against schedule. Document, obtain approval, and track all changes in project parameters. Produce detailed reports and notifications as appropriate and communicate project status to respective stakeholders and project sponsor. Approve or recommend all required commitments and liaise with supplier and contractor representatives.
- Identify Risks and use proven PM techniques to assess and mitigate. Facilitate risk reviews and identify appropriate mitigation plans. Examine risks at all levels associated with the work, proposed contracts and major changes, and make recommendations for handling or equitable sharing. Document the impacts on schedule of proposed changes and develop program solutions to minimize the impact and ensure alignment to time and scope.
- Attend management meetings as required, keeping the project team informed as to any discussions and decisions impacting project goals and objectives.
- Host regular team meetings and provide written communication of such, ensuring progress toward project goals including project reviews with stakeholders as necessary to perform ongoing assessments on the progress of projects. Drive for collective understanding and commitment.
- Upon project completion or premature cessation, close all project and / or program documentation and archive actual appropriate records and achievements for estimating future similar projects. Coordinate practical details of the transfer of the care, custody and control of the final product including assembly and transfer of operational and maintenance documentation. Provide recommendations of lessons learned for improvements in process and procedure both within the PM structure as well as across groups.
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
- Minimum 5+ year’s industry experience as a Program or Project Manager within a technology environment, with a progressive record of successful delivery of complex solutions, systems, or services.
- Detail oriented; able to prioritize, speak and direct as a dependable business leader; problem solving skills a must.
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of business and technical leadership
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills are essential.
- Ability to assess and implement successful, focused, integrated product development plans
- Awareness of general accounting practices, related to program and project management - including forecasting, budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, CAPEx and OPEx, and accounts payable
- Experience working in a technical industry.
- Ability to credibly coordinate between technical teams and business stakeholders using strong interpersonal skills
- Occasional night work may be needed.
- Technical Project and Program Managementexperience working onNetwork and TelecomInfrastructurewithin Office Build projects
- Cisco installations - routers and switches
- Working with telecom carriers for circuit orders/delivery/test
- General knowledge of low-voltage cabling terminology and design
- Ability to read constructionblueprints and furniture floorplans
- Office telecom (Skype solutions, Avaya PBX)
- Project Management certification highly desired
- Experience working on projects in a wireless industry
- Experience in driving/leading merger and acquisition projects
- An engineering/IT background in the area of Wireless Telecommunications considered a valuable asset
- Familiarity with enterprise solutions, such as web services, workflow modeling and enterprise application integration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Project Management or combination of equivalent experience and education
- Master’s / Advanced Degreedesired
License or Certification
(Desired) Certifications in focused areas such as project management, agile methodologies, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, or any related industry certifications