The Rexnord Innovation Center is looking for a Sr. Project Manager with an Engineering background to guide product development projects (including new product development (NPD), Research & Development (R&D) and Value Add Value Engineering (VAVE) projects) from inception through to completion. In this role the individual will lead multiple projects that encompass the entire Rexnord product line within the Process Motion Control Platform.
- Learn and use the CFI (Customer Focused Innovation) Process to prepare detailed project plans, action plans, estimates, schedules, and forecasts as well as communicate project status.
- Use Visual Management to track status, compliance to schedule, responsibility, budget, risks and issues on each project.
- Clearly identify the project scope and tasks and communicate to all parties.
- Identify changes to the project scope and communicate to leadership the impact to budget and schedule.
- Identify, recommend, and manage project changes and ensure that they are recorded correctly.
- Recognize when problems, technical or otherwise, are developing in a way that threatens the budget or schedule and take corrective actions to mitigate the problem.
- Understand and balance project constraints.
- Represent the project team at project meetings and executive report outs, identifying action items and following up as needed.
- Use and teach decision/validation tools such as FMEA, DOE, and PPAP.
- Ability to apply core project management principles to commercial revenue growth initiatives.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required, Approximately 10%.
- Persuades – Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Plans & Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Experience and Skill Required
- BS degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Materials preferred but not required).
- 7+ years’ experience managing product development projects including budgets and resources.
- Experience w/business process development, working within sales organizations/ sales operations / commercial operations, Kaizen planning and event facilitation is preferred.
- Highly developed planning and organizational skills including a project management process.
- Experience in multiple discipline, multiple location projects.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally.
- Adept at presenting information and responding to questions from managers, clients, and customers.
- PMP Certification preferred.
- Experience with Lean methodologies including: 5-why problem solving and Counter Measure techniques.
- Experience with scheduling tools like MS Project and proficiency with the MS Office package.
- Manage multiple projects and action plans to create or enhance product value and/or reduce product costs using Rexnord’s CFI (Customer Focused Innovation) Process.
- Provide support for the development of economic justifications.
- Must be process oriented and drive continuous improvement in all projects.
- Must be able to strive for excellence while working in a fast-paced environment.