What You’ll Do
The Manager level in the Project Management creates project plans, estimates and requests resources and provides all project management functions. Directs, coordinates and exercises functional authority for control, integration and completion of projects. Prepares status reports, assures timeline compliance, assesses risks and recommends solutions. Provides direction to project team members and appropriate communications to customers. The Manager typically has a broad base of knowledge and experience across industries but Retail is a requirement. The Manager manages employees (multiple Project Managers and Project Coordinators) by establishing annual performance goals, allocating resources, coaching and providing career assessment, mentoring and training needs assessment. The Manager is responsible for the principal leadership of the team in terms of work assignment, timely completion of work, and utilization of team members to accomplish customer expectations. Manages staff in all areas of administration including time, budgeting, recruiting and performance management. The Manager should have an understanding of account operations, P&L management, budget management, and program management methodologies. The Manager utilizes strategic knowledge and experience to provide practical implementation techniques to ensure achievement of results on a large scale, long term program of change in a complex, diverse environment. Requires 6-10 years of related work experience, or Bachelor’s degree, or technical training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experiencedesired in various types of projects. Project Management education and certification desired.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works on high-level business process analysis to define required project tasks.
- Develops and determines priorities and monitors and reports status of assigned project on a routine basis.
- Serves as a resource for process redesign and development for performance criteria.
- Responsible for the presentation of the project plan to the customer. Leads and facilitates meetings and workshops as required.
- Provides guidance in strategic provisioning planning to project team and customer.
- Provides over all project management for a specific customer.
- Implements project management practices that result in successful project delivery.
- Responsible for communicating all time related issues and overrun activities, including the documentation of significant events and problem resolution issues.
- Acts as a mentor to more junior project management.
- Reviews tasks and project status to ensure accurate, timely and cost effective completion.
- Designs the methodology for project specifics.
- Reviews high-level deliverables across practice and 20+ Projects.
- Champions change and effectively manages the implementation of new ideas.
Certifications & Experience
Large Retail Project ExperienceRequired (multiple +$5M projects)
Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills essential
Deep understanding of project management methodologies
Project management skills in leading all aspects of project delivery including, initiation, planning, execution and closeout
Resourcing / contract management
Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Note
Collaboration Tools - WebEx/Google Suite