As a Sr. Project Manager in the Atlanta studio, you will:
- Maintain full responsibility for managing all aspects of projects to ensure efficient execution within scope and budget.
- Manage project teams, foster collaboration, and demonstrate strong and effective communication and direction, which inspires high team performance, design ideas, and successful project delivery.
- Participate in developing and validating project scope and fee, budget, and scope of services during the marketing and contract development process.
- Provide complete and timely communication of project information to and from clients and project team.
- Be responsible for managing projects using the Deltek Vision Project Management system; complete work plans in Deltek Vision, including identification of project team members, budget, consultants, schedule for completion, fees, and costs as well as project change notices or other actions taking place on the assigned project.
- Collaborate with Project Architects to avoid or eliminate conflicts in schedule due to the changes in various projects.
- Provide on-going communication through team meetings/minutes/up-date memos to project team.
- Coordinate with clients, consultants, contractors, sub-consultants, vendors, and other disciplines to ensure effective communication.
- Monitor construction administration during the construction phase.
- Understand and respond to technical implications and design decisions.
- Participate in marketing opportunities and develop successful client relationships for continuing business.
- Assist with or have direct responsibility for design, translating client requirements to design criteria from conceptual design through installation.
- Assist in preparation of drawings for schematic design, design development, and contract documents.
- Consider risk management by monitoring client issues and technical issues in a timely manner to minimize liability.
- Review work for accuracy, omissions, legibility, and for document compliance in accordance with the Project Delivery Manual.
- Coordinate staffing resources with Operations Director.
- Direct, organize, and mentor junior staff with responsibility for oversight.
To join us, you should have:
- 10-15+ years of experience.
- A professional degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or related discipline.
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphic software.
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision system.
- Revit strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of project design process, construction documentation, and administration.
- Additional proficiencies (include but not limited): BIM, building codes, site analysis, preliminary design studies, field measurements, life safety requirements, specifications, project kickoff and closeout.
- Strong leadership, organization, and communication skills.
- Ability to direct and coordinate work efforts of junior staff.
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn.
- Collaborative and professional work ethic.
- Professional Accreditation or within 6 months of hire.
- Licensure preferred.