Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Senior Project Manager, Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Institute, Clinical Program Services to our location in Renton, WA.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to provide project management support to efforts of the institute, composed of system-wide interdisciplinary clinician and administrative experts across the care continuum, around all facets of clinical practice and high quality healthcare delivery, including clinical excellence, clinical standardization, patient safety, comparative effectiveness and clinical advancement.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Accountable for managing multiple projects and clinical focus groups simultaneously, to identify and achieve specified objectives on time.
- Works closely with the Program Managers, Directors and VPs of various institutes and clinical performance groups, COO Clinical Program Services, and SVP, Clinical Program Services to define priorities and manage progress of clinical focused groups.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with a broad customer base and gains their trust and respect.
- Facilitates charters for each clinical focus groups.
- Works with physician and administrative dyad leaders of clinical focus groups to coordinate objectives, such that interdisciplinary subject matter experts in various geographies are working towards the same goals in a synchronized manner.
- Manages detailed project plans for clinical standardization, acceptance of EMR models, and quality improvement.
- Maintains project documentation including meeting agendas and summaries, project work plans, and other artifacts supporting the work of the clinical focus groups
- Works closely with other support staff i.e. clinical analytics, REH, pharmacy, finance, promotion, etc. to ensure all needs/issues are communicated.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, healthcare administration, public administration, planning or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years proven track record in managing multiple complex high-profile projects simultaneously and driving towards successful results.
- Excellent project management skills, including development of work plans, metrics and monitoring processes.
- Proven leadership in project plan design and implementation, coordinating the work of multiple clinical and operational teams.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of project management including resource planning and scheduling, analysis skills, negotiation, facilitation, computer skills, and development of necessary documentation, testing and training.
- Strong, focused written and verbal communication responsive to the needs of the customers.
- A practical common sense approach to creating management tools which fit the unique needs of the customers and the circumstances
- Ability to be flexible with time and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Solid understanding of pace, complexity and challenges of providing corporate support services for a multi-state organization.
- Ability to develop and lead teams, identify objectives, elucidate recommendations and achieve results on time in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Project Management methodologies and software.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Demonstrated success in identifying and leading initiatives in a multi-region or matrixed/divisional, complex organization.
- A consulting background in a high production, deadline-oriented professional work environment requiring multi-tasking, flexibility, and self-directed work.
- Customer Service: anticipates and takes personal responsibility for customer satisfaction; consistently goes out of the way to listen, understand, and support the needs of others in a sensitive manner.
- Quality: performs challenging tasks efficiently and effectively; anticipates problems and takes corrective action prior to completing the task; sets challenging objectives and works against self-defined standards of excellence to continually improve personal performance.
- Planning: demonstrated planning and project management skills; proven ability to set technology strategy.
- Problem Solving: strong attention to detail and outstanding analytical skills.
- Collaboration: demonstrated management skills and ability to work effectively to build relationships with colleagues, customers, and executive management through positive interaction.
- Flexibility and response to change: proven ability to organize multiple projects, schedules, demand and to meet shifting priorities; demonstrated ability to study, understand, adapt and respond effectively to a constantly changing environment.
- Communication: listens with sensitivity and openness; actively seeks constructive feedback and remains open and receptive to it; anticipates the information needs of others; proven skills in communicating with technical staff, and customers.
About the department you will serve.
Clinical Program Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence St. Joseph health from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago.Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression,sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.