We are looking for Sr. Project Manager ?Operations & Maintenance for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: Sr. Project Manager ?Operations & Maintenance
Job Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- The ??Operations & Maintenance Manager reports to the Operations Director for MaHIX.
- The O&M Manager facilitates smooth operations and maintenance of project initiatives and requirements.
- Serving as a coordinator for Commonwealth daily operation needs, the O&M Manager accomplishes both immediate tasks and long-term solutions needed by the agencies while managing the vendor’s activities needed to maintain and operate a multi-faceted health insurance exchange.
- Duties include but are not limited to daily data extractions, conversion of multiple databases, coordinating and facilitating meetings along with providing recommendations on corrective and continuous process improvement efforts.
- Whether working on several major functions on a rotating basis with direction from leadership or becoming the on-site Commonwealth representative with limited guidance, the O&M manager works with the vendor’s leadership and O&M resources (50+ staff) to provide prioritization of O&M activities while insuring the right number of staff and skills are brought to an issue for successful containment and resolution.
- Using both defect and incident management ticketing systems, O&M Manager’s duties include:
- Monitor of Production Incident Management (PIM) tickets including prioritization of responses (Tier 1 Triage)
- Support Agencies’ prioritization of incidents & potential defects (Tier 2 Triage)
- Syncing of Production Incident Management tickets with Defect Management tickets
- Review of Defect tickets for potential interim operational solutions which includes workaround tracking, initiation and execution assessment
- Defect Ticket Review for long-term defect remediation and serve as O&M defect prioritization lead
- Serve as a backup Commonwealth contact for the Operations Direction with CMS and other Federal agencies which may include generating slides and documentation
- Serve as SME on various topics
- Facilitate efforts & communications among parties including various modules within the HIX system.
- People who will be successful in this position are those who possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, MBA preferred.
- 6-10 years of solid working knowledge of public sector IT operations with exposure to handling multiple vendors
- Excellent communication skills both written and formal
- Understanding of JEE Application deployments in a high-availability configuration
- Familiar with enterprise grade deployment and configuration management tools
- Understand and have best practice experience for systems availability and application performance monitoring