Our firm has achieved significant growth and is regularly recognized as a Best Place to Work both nationally and locally in our communities. We are a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm that takes pride in our people, culture, clients and work-life balance.
This is a Senior Project Manager role with responsibility for leading our clients' efforts in implementing multiple IT project initiatives.
Directs, manages, plans and administers the operational and administrative activities of Information Technology and Business project teams which are assigned to a related set of medium, large and more complex projects, following the defined processes of the Program Management Office (PMO). The Project Manager will work across multiple business areas to manage both IT and business deliverable. Forms a strong relationship with the business stakeholders, partnering to resolve project related issues, provides project status updates and escalates issues and concerns appropriately.
- Responsible and accountable for delivering large projects on-time, on budget, and meeting functional and quality specifications.
- Forecasts, manages, and reports on project financials, planned vs actual project schedule, and resource utilization.
- Understands basic revenue models and cost to completion projections.
- Identifies resources needed to complete work and collaborates with resource manager(s) to assemble appropriate skills/teams.
- Manages issues, risks, and changes using appropriate and agreed upon processes and tools established within the PMO.
- Provides weekly status reports and can communicate to executive leadership.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple tasks at various stages of completion.
- Strong facilitation skills; communicates effectively with the business to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of various technologies including applications and databases.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related discipline or equivalent
- Project Management Certification (CAPM or PMP)
- Preferred: MBA or related advanced degree
- Expert knowledge in Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suites of products, (i.e. Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Project Management training and/or project lead experience of 3+years
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of project planning tools (MS Project, Jira, Version One, etc.)
- Familiarity with Clarity, Ehour, or otherPortfolio / Program Management Software
Job Experience (number of years, type/level of previous experience)
- 10+ years of experience in a Project Management role with a strong background in team development.
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to mentor/coach team in senior or lead capacity.
- Proven success delivering projects in Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience with multiple project streams and leading teams of 5+.
- Large enterprise project experience ranging from $1million+