We are looking for Sr. Project Manager for our client in New York City, NY
Job Title: Sr. Project Manager
Job Location: New York City, NY
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Products and Platforms (PnP) Project Management Office (PMO) team.
- The Senior Project Manager will define scope, initiate, and manage large enterprise-wide projects related to integration efforts (for acquisitions), and provide accurate and high quality information regarding information technology requirements, approach, risks, and costs.
- Typical project scope will be greater than 6 months and involve more than 10 cross functional departments.
- These are complex and high visibility projects to the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Defines and agrees to scope, cost estimates, constraints, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each acquisition project.
- Gains commitments and highly influential during the project lifecycle to ensure deliverables are met and the project is completed within budget.
- Project Estimation and Planning prepare and maintain overall plan for large, highly complex projects/programs, ensure program plans are kept up-to-date and adjusted with ongoing project activities and maintaining accurate project forecasts.
- Appropriately identifies when program/project is "off track" to project plans and takes immediate corrective actions, including adjusting plans to account for corrections.
- Leads project estimating sessions that span multiple departments and organizations. Manages the change control procedure gaining agreement for revisions to the project plan from the project stakeholders to ensure full impact and significant changes are understood by project stakeholders and executive sponsors.
- Dependency Management - leads analysis and ensures all impacts of dependencies are addressed in the overall project plan.
- Effectively works across the organization to ensure all dependent teams are aligned with the project plans and schedules
- Project Communication - develops a communication plan to ensure all parties are aware of project scope, milestones, risks, and status.
- Highlights and explains any divergence from the plan.
- Identifies and manages effectively all stakeholders, provides visibility and transparency so that appropriate action can be taken by senior management.
- Delivers accurate and timely reporting for in-flight projects and programs
- Financial Management and Project Accounting applies corporate financial measures to monitor and track financial health, analyzing resource requirements across multiple projects or across program to meet business goals
- Senior Leadership Teams in PnP
- Technology management teams (Engineering, IT operations)
- Sales & Marketing
- Finance & Accounting
- Project and program management colleagues
- 7+ years of experience managing multiple complex, highly-matrixed and transformational technology projects with a global scope.
- Experience managing projects in the Merger, Acquisition and Divesture domain to include:
- Project management expertise to deliver projects within timescales and budget with proven success:
- Preparing technology proposals, setting direction, creating work plans, designing project milestones, and project governance approaches and driving results.
- Providing technical proficiency with acquisition and divesture process understanding
- Leading and inspiring diverse and virtual project teams
- Maintaining an innovative and flexible approach to problem solving with a focus on continuous improvement
- Remaining flexible and adaptive to changing requirements and abstract concepts
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and high energy level with an ability to work collaboratively and build relationships at all levels within an organization.
- Master's degree in technology, business or a related field a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification