Leads, directs and coordinates the day-to-day management of the project or a portion thereof. May also be responsible for multiple projects. Supports business development pursuits as requested. We are looking for Sr. PMs with core & shell high rise experience (20 or more stories).
• Overall responsibility for the profitable performance of the project or portion thereof, while maintaining or exceeding safety, quality, and schedule requirements.
• Develop a comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of the contract documents (including Plaza’s contract, plans, specifications and applicable codes).
• Ensure strict adherence to safety, ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
• Lead in the ongoing development of high performance teams through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring. Ensure regular feedback is shared with staff including timely completion of employee performance appraisals.
• Manage and develop assigned staff, including Technical Project Managers and Superintendents, toward maximum job performance and career potential, including conducting performance evaluations.
• Manage and oversee field operation and technical processes and procedures.
• Develop and improve upon assigned client relationships.
• Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate submission of requisitions and collection of receivables.
• Prepare, negotiate, administer and enforce Plaza’s prime contract and subcontract agreements.
• Provide leadership to positively influence change.
• Foster and enhance architect, subcontractor and vendor relations.
• Effectively manage changes to the scope of project.
• Overall responsibility for daily activities and crisis management on the project.
• Establish, update, and communicate master project schedule and manage its implementation and improvement, if possible.
• May work with preconstruction team in development of project or in the pursuit of new opportunities.
• Manage budget and financialreporting, interpret and analyze reports to insure adherence to project budget.
• Manage the quality assurance/quality control program.
• Responsible for risk evaluation, contract negotiations, fee and pricing decisions.
• Demonstrate high standard of personal accountability and integrity. Mentors staff to same high standards
• Maintain knowledge of requirements for insurance, labor relations, and employee relations.
• Work with Accounting to initiate pay application process and follow up to ensure payment is received in a timely manner.
• Keep management informed on progress of project and budget through regularly scheduled monthly project review meetings.
• Support and drive utilization of various Plaza initiatives. Promote and utilize emerging technologies and innovations to support Plaza sustainable competitive advantages.
• Provide leadership to foster an environment of diversity and inclusion.
Bachelor’s degreeplus a minimum of 10 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination
of education, training and/or experience. Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling,
estimating, purchasing and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles.
Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite. Knowledge of Plaza’s Project Management and scheduling software desirable. Ability to implement leading-edge technologies such as BIM and LEAN to benefit the project. Strong working knowledge of CMiC. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to occasionally climb permanent and temporary stairs, climb ladders, negotiate work areas under construction, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Occasionally requires passenger use of construction personnel hoists. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job regularly requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk, hear and stand. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
PLAZA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER