At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
System Integration, Project Management
This position is in the Washington DC area, which includes Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC. Manage the deployment of multiple areas a large scale transportation radio project in the Washington DC Metro area.
- Manages the development and/or implementation of Motorola Solutions products or services.
- Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgraded existing products or services.
- Manages projects from inception to completion (or transition), including tracking and evaluation of project performance.
- Ensures that projects are completed on time, within budget, and within accepted quality metrics.
- Participates in project review and status meetings, and communicates project status.
- Utilizes six sigma and project management methodologies to ensure maximum project effectiveness.
- Motivates project team to ensure optimal performance.
- May assist in the development of business plans, strategies, and approaches to take advantage of business opportunities.
- Prepare bids & quotes for systems/ subsystems
- Primary interface with customer for all aspects of their projects; Design & working sessions/ installations/ testing and status reports.
- Directs & coordinates the work activities and subcontractors
- Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project
- Develop a clear understanding of all contract requirements and negotiate all installation subcontracts
- Control & inventory of equipment
- Coordinate system installation
- Prepare budget reports/ ensures the profitability of their project(s) or sub-projects
Additional Preferred Skills:
- A seasoned professional having a wide-range of experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- PMP and/ or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) preferred
- Experience in at least one of the following area's preferred: Public Safety Communications, Transportation communications, Cellular infrastructure or military communications preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Google Tools
- OSHA Certification preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Technical degree or Business preferred and 5+ years experience in project management
- OR a minimum of 7 years of general work experience in the communications field and a minimum of 5 years of project management experience.
Referral Payment Plan
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.