The SPM demonstrates excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and maintains specific knowledge of planning and scheduling functions and a thorough understanding of contract administration, liability and safety issues.
- Supports business and relationship developments activities of the division.
- Coordinates completion of defined work scope for a project between disciplines/locations involved.
- Assists in preparation of project execution strategy and reviews progress as drawings and specifications are developed and prior to issue for permit and construction.
- Monitors changes in scope/schedule and secures Change Authorizations, as required.
- Manages project financials, pricing and cash flow.
- Develops, reviews and approves all project management documents including: scope development, project costs and schedules, and internal/external communications.
- Develops proposals, project specification/scopes and negotiates final contracts.
- Monitors project costs and quality to ensure the profitability and technical performance of the project and develops innovative actions to correct variances to scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Exercises cost efficient and innovative approaches in the design to save construction costs and improve productivity.
- Anticipates, recognizes and identifies key project issues/problems and establishes objectives and priorities in solving them and determines solutions and directs their implementation.
- Prepares periodic reports for the client to track cost, schedule, and quality performance.
- Issues regular invoices for contracted work and services payment, and follows up on past due invoices.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 20+ years project managementexperience in a consulting organization
- Experience managing complex manufacturing or heavy industrial projects in a consulting environment
- Experience with and general knowledge of safety and contract/liability issues
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering discipline
- Licensed Professional Engineer or PMP Certification is desirable
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products