This is an ideal position for someone that would like to work in a smaller, minimal layers of management company that has a sophisticated technical team. They use cutting edge technology to design custom equipment for global Fortune 1000 customers. We are seeking a hands-on technical Project Engineer who will be responsible for cradle to grave technical project management for custom industrial ovens and drying systems. Mechanical Equipment and heat transfer and fluid/air dynamics knowledge is a must, as well as previous project management experience.
- Involved in developing concept with project sales team by identifying key components and forecasting costs and requirements.
- Work with and manage other members of project team to deliver equipment design and bill of material for manufacture and assembly of equipment to meet customer specification.
- Completes projects by directing and approving design and completing necessary technical analysis and calculations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains engineering staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining engineers/designers; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by following the project budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering and Professional Engineering Certificate (PE) preferred.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Inventor 3-D modeling or SolidWorks