The Senior Project Manager manages all aspects of projects/programs assigned. This role acts as a conduit for all project information to ensure the meeting of all critical delivery, quality, and pricing expectations as well as meeting profit margin goals. They are responsible for gathering all project-related requirements, processing that information and establishing a plan, confirming the cost structure, producing a schedule, establishing project structure, understanding the requirements and overseeing the execution of the plan.
- Assembles project plans and teamwork assignments, drives completion of tasks as warranted by each project and delivers projects at or above the predicted margin.
- Leads project meetings and relays pertinent project information to required personnel and outside vendors.
- Creates and manages project timelines to deliver product on time.
- Recommends, implements and adheres to global standard project management processes and methodologies
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and adhere to quality standards and customer expectations.
- Develops project budget and tracks project expenses and spending.
- Directs and monitors work efforts daily by identifying resource needs and performing quality reviews.
- Tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Manages scope of project by enforcing proper change controls and documentation.
- Coordinates communication throughout the project life cycle with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort.
- Identifies and leads improvement opportunities within assigned programs/projects.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of employee(s) to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished. Mentors, coaches, trains and develops team.
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Development, Project Management or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 8+ years progressive product management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years in a leadership role (direct or indirect)
- Prior managerial/supervisory experience
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting