Manages and has direct oversight for a portfolio of projects for a specific client and is accountable for overall project/portfolio performance. Proactively identifies resources, budgets projects, prioritizes client's portfolio in line with site-wide portfolio of projects and is the primary operational interface between PPD and the client. Negotiates and makes real-time decisions with the client. Provides internal consulting on project management issues and identifies opportunities for process and efficiency improvement. Acts as chief liaison to the operational personnel of major clients and is responsible for large study programs.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's in a scientific discipline
• 8+ years experience in (pharmaceutical) project management
• Executive level presentation experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong science and/or business acumen
• Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
• Superior time management, planning, and organizational skills
• Proven analytical skills
• Demonstrated compliance with procedures and policies
• Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a stressful environment
• Extensive knowledge and experience in Project Management
• Strong client relationship management skills
• Ability to work effectively with multi-level teams
• Ability to work in a fast-paced undefined environment
• Strong negotiation skills
• Work is performed in a laboratory and/or a clinical environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
• Occasional drives to site locations, occasional domestic travel.
• Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms.
• Rare exposure to skin and lung irritants, radiation, toxic materials and hazardous waste.
• Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves.
• Exposure to fluctuating and/or extreme temperatures on rare occasions.
• Ability to work in an upright and /or stationary position for 6-8 hours per day.
• Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists to operate lab equipment.
• Occasional mobility needed.
• Occasional crouching, stooping, with frequent bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
• Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
• Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
• Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
• Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
• Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
• Regular and consistent attendance.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
Job ID : 142514