Sr. Project Manager Oracle Peoplesoft
The Sr. Project Manager plans, manages and coordinates project activities to ensure goals and objectives of a mid-sized project, or multiple phases of a large project are accomplished within the specified time-frame and funding parameters.
In this role, you will establish timelines and ensure project deadlines are met. Projects are focused around PeopleSoft HR/Payroll/Supply Chain and Kronos time keeping system.
- Defines, develops and determines time-frame, funding limitations, procedures, staffing requirements and allotment of resources to various phases of projects
- Responsible for massive implementation/deployment projects
- Responsible for working with IS, vendor and customers to develop Project Proposal outlining deliverables, requirements, risks, assumptions, key stakeholders, roles and responsibilities and budget.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each project phase and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project staff.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority.
- Manages activities of project staff to ensure project progress is on schedule and within budget.
- Reviews status reports and modifies schedules and/or plans as required.
- Analyzes data, prepares and presents project reports for management, clients or others.
- Provides project staff with technical advice and problem resolution.
- Manages project activities with organizations or agencies outside the Health System. Monitors vendor performance on deliverables and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Tracks actual performance against planned project performance, analyze variances and problem solve to ensure all customer needs are met while maintaining control of the project.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills with previous, frequent exposure to executive levels.
- Must have product deployment and conversion experience with a solid understanding of SDLC
- PMP certification
- 5+ years of project management
- Must have MS Project experience, Clarity/Prism is a plus
- Must be able to drive anywhere around the Long Island area