Join us as we Rise to the Challenge
At KCI, we’re building an enduring company that provides unparalleled value to our employee-owners. We make our mark designing and delivering our world-class solutions, so we invest deeply in developing our team. We reward integrity and commitment, and when we do well, you do well. Our people have freedom to innovate, unlimited growth, a voice that matters, a lifestyle that works, and skin in the game. Because life’s more fun when you own it.
KCI Technologies, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned engineering, consulting and construction firm serving clients throughout the United States. KCI is recognized as an industry leader, employing cutting-edge technologies, management practices and strategic growth initiatives. Employee ownership fosters an entrepreneurial spirit, encourages technical expertise, and shapes strategic planning.
KCI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
KCI Benefits Guide 2021
Duties, Responsibilities & Other
- 15+ years of experience in structural design.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited school.
- Project Management experience required, with experience in managing and growing a design team preferred.
- Experience in developing and managing private and public projects.
- Experience with Revit design software is required.
- Proposal preparation including scope, schedule and fee. Contract management and billing.
- Strong design knowledge in building structural design is required.
- Professional Engineering License required. Structural Engineering License a plus.
- NCEES registration a plus and the ability to obtain licenses in other states is required.
- Prepare written technical proposals, assemble teams to meet client criteria, and develop professional relationships.
- This position requires a demonstrated leader with a broad knowledge of structural engineering and the processes required to develop design packages.
- Manage a team of designers, CADD technicians and project engineers.
- Will be required to train and develop staff.
- Responsible for project delivery of complete structural design packages including coordination/oversight of multiple design disciplines.
- Candidate must have worked on all phases of design as well as provided construction administration/bid phase services.
- Duties include oversight of preparation of plans, technical specifications, quantity takeoffs and construction estimates in accordance with state design manuals and standard drawings.
- Good communication, supervisory and mentoring skills, reliability, and attention to detail are necessary. A valid driver’s license is necessary to travel as needed to project sites, client meetings, and growing the business.
- Good problem solving, communication, and technical writing skills are required. A solid background of reliability, commitment to task, and project completion and success is required.
- Successful candidate should have local client contacts and the ability to bring in business.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 9 - 14 years of professional experience.
- Appropriate professional certification preferred.
- Pre-employment drug screening is a condition of employment. Background and motor vehicle checks may be required based upon position.