TITLE: SENIOR MANUFACTURING PROJECT MANAGER
AREA: KANSAS CITY
SALARY: $ 125,000 up
Our client, a multinational company that develops, manufactures and distributes products for commercial vehicles, has commissioned Sterling St. James, LLP to source, screen and qualify candidates for a Senior Manufacturing Project Manager position in their Kansas City location.
This is a fast paced position. You will be working in an environment that is in the early evolutionary cycle of driverless vehicles. It doesn’t get any more exciting than this. Ground floor – leading edge!
Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing the cross functional teams executing the tasks defined in the Client’s Project Management Model. The responsibility of the Senior Project Manager spans from Toll Gate 0 (Kick off) to Toll Gate 5 (launch completion). Furthermore, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing the project to achieve the objectives defined for product and process development and launch by accuracy in scope and business case management. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology and ability to inspire / influence project teams.
This position is not for the “faint of heart”. The client is looking for the person who is running towards the fire – not away from it. The person who not only wants to put it out but the person who wants to know how and why it started in the first place.
This person will be the catalyst for “company culture changes” in the teams.
If you want to take projects from inception to completion this may be your place.
This is a small to medium sized company so if you want to make an impact – if you want to be the “big frog in the little pond” instead of a “little pond in a big, big pond” and want to “take it to ‘em” then you should apply.
Needed Experience / Skills:
Not many bullet points here – just be able to perform:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing
· +5years of project management with experience in managing projects from kick-off to product launch
· Previous experience within the automotive business with Tier1/Tier2 supplier role
· Prefer experience in mechatronics systems and projects
· Experience with projects lasting 12-18 months and $10-$15 million
· Platform and customer application coordination with OEM requirements on development process procedures and project management
· Development of new products involving multi-site development and launch of high volume production at multiple sites
· Understanding of APQP process
· Strong Communication skills are essential
· Demonstrated creative problem solving skills
· Continuous learner
· Proven leadership skills
If you feel you are qualified and this position is of interest apply by sending your resume in MS Word format as an attachment for immediate review.
This position offers an individual an exceptional opportunity to work with an organization of highly trained professionals. The leadership believes in continually investing in partnerships with its people and has been successful throughout the years due to the knowledge and commitment of its employees.
Your ideas, skills, experience and creativity are appreciated. This is a firm that is committed to your success and they will help you grow both professionally and individually. If you are assertive (aggressive when it comes to new ideas) and can get the job done working through others and if you have the confidence you know what you are doing you need to apply. This position embraces the future of automotive.