ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of a project team and lead project personnel to ensure quality delivery within set time constraints and budget.
- Develop and implement project management programs which contain the details of a project
- Organize business stakeholders and technology solution teams to scope, plan, track, and report on project deliverables
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of project schedules by working directly with project team members, resource managers, and key business stakeholders
- Set project goals and define performance criteria such as quality standards, deadlines and cost requirements.
- Track and report on progress of project schedules and independently recognizing status needs
- Regularly provide detailed project status reports
- Update and maintain project SharePoint sites and other project status deliverables
- Document management: Ensure project documentation is complete and effectively communicated to appropriate persons and departments
- Lead Program Management meetings: Schedule, take meeting minutes, publish minutes to project teams, track and report on action items and key decisions
- Evaluate and understand relationships between projects, subsystems and tasks
- Evaluate overall project health based on time, resources, and budget and accurately communicate issues and concerns early to the IT Management team
- Determine the material and labor resources required to carry out a project from start to finish.
- Able to deliver clear and concise product presentations and to write clearly and effectively
- Coach and mentor junior PMO and project team staff.
Skills & Requirements
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology or related field
- EXPERIENCE: 5-10 years’ experience in IT Project Management
- Experienced in working in complex technical environments
- Expert of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Business oriented oral and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead with project teams with multiple locations and tight timelines
- Ability to move quickly and efficiently between tasks and projects
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction