The primary role and responsibility of a Senior Project Manager is to work with the customers, Account Leader, the functional/matrix managers and staff to ensure that projects are delivered on schedule and within budget, consistent with defined IBM Watson Health Program Management guidelines/processes and client expectations. Also, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for supporting the Client Leader/Managers to maintain the client relationship and mentor new project managers, as needed. This position reports to the Leader Program Management or as otherwise stated.
- Create and maintain detailed work plan and drives work execution from the detailed work plan
- Obtain required resources by working with matrix managers
- Communicate and review work assignments with team
- Manage project scope - review changes with the Client Director/Manager then resolve and document those changes with the customer
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure proper strategy, plan, alignment, integration and visibility.
- Drive consensus and decision-making with Client Services, Program Management, Technical team and executive management.
- Maintain visibility on day-to-day activities with project teams and ensuring sufficient face-time with key executive stakeholders.
- Manage and proactively escalate project issues and risks
- Track and Manage budget/actual project financials
- Manage all IBM Watson Health project deliverables
- Work with client project manager to ensure understanding of all project activities, schedules and deliverables
- Provide status reporting tointernal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Manage client responsibilities and expectations
- Provide proper project communications to the client, IBM Watson Health management, and stakeholders
- Independently audit/validate that project deliverables, project action items, issues and risk management meet IBM Watson Health and Client expectations.
- Manage project billing numbers and tasks
- Assist other Program/Project Managers as appropriate, ensuring optimum use of available resources
- Assist Client Leader, where appropriate, with maintaining the client relationship.
- Participate in Project Management process improvement initiatives when appropriate.
- Meet departmental guidelines for training and continuous professional development.
- Participate in proposal development and pricing estimates when needed.
- On an as needed basis, support the efforts of other groups such as Quality Assurance, Software Development, Training/Consulting, Marketing and Product Development, consistent with delivering quality products and services to our clients and the market.
- Mentor new and less experienced Project Managers.
- Act as a resource for questions related to project management processes and procedures.
- Support the Program Management group for project/program reporting to senior leadership.
- Adhere to IBM Watson Program Management and CMMI guidelines, as defined for each project.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to work on site in Jefferson City, MO 5 days a week
- PMP or PMI Certification required
- 5+ years of Medicaid experience with either a fiscal agent/vendor or state agency required
- 7+ years of project management experience.
- 5+ years experience implementing information systems within the healthcare field
- 5+ years demonstrated ability to manage project scope, schedule, quality, change management and project financials
- 5+ years’ experience using project tracking tools (Microsoft Project, ALM tools (e.g. Jira, CA Rally)
- 5+ years experience managing staff in a matrix or direct reporting relationship
- 5+ years experience with excellent organizational skills demonstrated by managing multiple priorities/projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to lead client and internal team through the project lifecycle process
- Demonstrated clarity and accuracy of written documentation
- Act as a resource for questions related to project management processes and procedures
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- CMMI experience
- Process Definition
- Proposal Response Writing
- Project Portfolio Management
- Resource Management Tool
- MMIS Experience