30 % of time: Works with businesses to gather requirements and scope large scale and complex projects. Facilitates the selection of the ultimate solution for the business and conducts cost/benefit analysis on the alternatives.
50 % of time: Oversees the execution all aspects of the project implementation for large scale corporative initiatives, which may include: cost benefits analysis, work plans, functional and designs, testing and implementation.
10 % of time: Provides both verbal and written communications regarding project status,Responsible for leading a project team through the implementation of highly complex, large-scale, strategic and business corporate initiatives, often involving 25 or more stakeholders across 10 or more departments. Leads projects across various functional areas at the bank, often highly focused ontechnology related initiatives. Plans, directs and coordinates activities of departmental projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed timeframes and funding parameters. Has overall responsibility for planning, directing and coordinating activities pertaining to projects that may span multiple business units or the entire enterprise
- Works with businesses to gather requirements and scope large scale and complex projects. Facilitates the selection of the ultimate solution for the business and conducts cost/benefit analysis on the alternatives.
- Oversees the execution all aspects of the project implementation for large scale corporative initiatives, which may include: cost benefits analysis, work plans, functional and designs, testing and implementation.
- Provides both verbal and written communications regarding project status, risks, and issues, and makes recommendations on project decision to Program Manager and Senior Management.
- Works with the business areas in the operational readiness activities to provide support and coordination to ensure adoption of new business processes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent
- Bachelors Degree or Comparable Work ExperienceRequired
- Bachelor’s degree plus 15years minimum experience (as described below) preferred, or 10 years of comparable experienceRequired
- Project Management certificate (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- MS Project and Vision Process Mapping
- 15years of business experience in project management including coordinating, administrating, managing and implementation of various project activities, including directing personnel to ensure the project is carried out successfully.
- 10 years of comparable work experience
- 10 years of experience in managing moderate to large scale projects
- Proven ability to manage internal and external development projects from inception to successful implementation
- Strong project management skills with the demonstrated ability to multitask and manage multiple small and large projects in a cross-functional environment
- Strong proficiency with SDLC methodologies
- Expertise using MS Project
- Strong ability to coordinate and execute cross-functionally with technical managers, business managers, SME’s, customers, etc.
- Ability to communicate needs and schedules, as well as ensure that plans are in place and standards are adhered to
- Excellent ability to communicate verbally and in writing to all levels of the organization in a proactive, contextually appropriate manner
- Excellent ability in interpreting customer business needs
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels
- Demonstrated ability to coach other team members
- Strong ability to influence those not within direct control
- Proven ability to establish a high level of trust and confidence the business communities
- Excellent ability to prioritize work by dividing time, attention, and effort between current project workload and ongoing support tasks
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Strong ability to deliver presentations of complex information to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to manage to a project budget