The Enterprise Applications Implementation Lead/ Sr. PM oversees the planning for, and the day-to-day execution of one or more large, or high complexity projects across WEX corporate technology and business functions. Management responsibility extends through the entire project lifecycle from the Initiation Phase through Implementation and includes post-implementation support during the Stabilization period.
The Enterprise Applications Implementation Lead/ Sr. PM is responsible for utilizing the WEX Project Management and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies (iterative / agile) to plan, execute, monitor and control, and close projects. He/she is responsible for team building, stakeholder management and for providing effective communications of project related status, risks and issues. The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of business systems and processes.
The Enterprise Applications Implementation Lead/ Sr. PM is responsible for actively supporting continuous process improvement, for participating in project procurements, for mentoring team members, identifying project management training needs, and teaching essential project management skills required for successful project planning and execution. Additional responsibilities include ensuring alignment and compliance to the corporate technology, information security, audit, and governance processes and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an overall project plan that defines how projects will be planned, monitored and controlled, within the WEX Project Management and SDLC methodologies.
- Identify project stakeholders and develop a Stakeholder Management Plan that defines stakeholder expectations, information needs and how stakeholders will be engaged.
- Develop and implement a project communications plan that defines the roles, responsibilities, types and periodicities of communications required; monitor the effectiveness of project communications
- Develop a plan to identify how project scope will be defined, managed, validated and how the scope baseline will be controlled.
- Develop the project risk management plan; identify and analyze risks; determine risk responses and monitor risks throughout the project, invoke risk mitigation plans, as necessary
- Direct the development of a work breakdown structure; define project deliverables and associated activities & dependencies; oversee the effort to estimate the work effort.
- Develop and manage project schedule baseline, including invoking contingency plans and the periodic reporting of progress against the plan
- Manage the development of cost estimates, project budget and cost baseline; provide ongoing management of the project’s cost baseline.
- Guide delivery team(s) and organization on how to use Agile practices, including self-organization
- Plan human resource needs for project; acquire & develop multi-skilled business and IT team members; manage team performance, including celebrating successes.
- Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Minimum of 5-10 years of progressive experience delivering and managing IT business solutions
- Minimum of 3 years of experience using the Agile software development methodology
- Demonstrated ability to plan, execute & deliver complex projects or programs that span several business areas and include multiple sub-projects.
- Knowledge and/or experience with agile delivery techniques, including : User Stories, TDD, CI, Automated Testing, Sprint-based planning
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams, including various areas of Informational Technology & the Business
- Demonstrated experience in procuring and managing hardware, software and/or contractor services
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Experience in leading inter-organization change to increase efficiency through implementation of technology
- Experience with large ERP and CRM implementations (e.g. PeopleSoft, Oracle EBS, Salesforce.com, Contact Center Technology, etc…)
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated proficiency with PPM software and project scheduling tool (e.g., Microsoft Project)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio