The Senior Project Manager is a seasoned professional with demonstrated ability to fully manage multiple complex product development and IT projects. Project scope may span from product concept through market release. Project team members can include resources from across all Ricoh Group Companies as well as 3rd party developers and end customers. Project types can vary from detailed and complex engineering projects to global initiatives to identify requirements and deliver products, tools, or business processes. With span of control extending across the entire project team, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for success of the project meeting Ricoh's strategic objectives. Accountability and reporting is provided to the executive sponsor(s) of each project. Additionally the Sr. Project Manager will participate in building project management expertise in the global organization as part of the process creation and improvement activities of the Project Management Office.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project Management
- Lead project teams in creation of software based products and services. Manage day to day operational aspects of each project. Projects' scope will span from Concept to Release, and will include team members representing both global and regional departments providing engineering, marketing, QA, support, legal and other capabilities. Create and execute against project plans. Responsibility includes project decisions and funds spending. Serves as the single point of contact for entire project. Create other project artifacts in accordance with internal procedures. Plan and manage project activities at remote facilities. Lead global team meetings. Review deliverables, and provides other Quality Assurance functions. Apply corporate processes and standard project management methodologies for appropriate knowledge areas. Escalate issues in matrix environment, and implement appropriate counter measures. Inspire co-workers, acknowledge team members contributions.
- Project Accounting
- Responsible for project status reporting. Provide clarity and transparency on project health, solving problems to ensure project objectives are met. Ensure project artifacts are complete, up to date, and stored appropriately. Evaluate planned versus actual performance in all QCD areas. Lead risk Management activities.
- Process Development
- Continuous improvement -- looks for ways to improve existing processes with industry best practices, and lessons learned from projects. Improve process artifacts, such as templates, wiki pages, and SharePoint sites.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent field; master's degree preferred
- Minimum 7+ years solid project management experience
- 10+ years related business experience in Technology Industry (Software, Systems, Hardware, Integrated products)
- Demonstrated team leadership capability in a matrix environment
- Experience managing a variety of IT projects such as new system implementations, system transitions (such as moving organizations onto Sales, Marketing, ITSM, CPQ, and/or Financials), and system integration projects
- Certifications Required:
- PMP certification
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
City West Caldwell State NJ Req Number 17-07348