Sr Project Manager - Engineering & Construction
NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
Responsible for early stage Engineering and Construction Division’s (E&C) project support and daily coordination of Engineering, Estimating, Supply Chain, and Construction resources through the pre-construction activities for projects in the Development phase.
Duties include project management/coordination of highly matrixed project development teams to ensure resources are focused on the right early stage activities and to ensure projects moving to the advanced stage of development can be turned over to the E&C Division’s Construction Execution Team with an executable construction plan (including schedule, budget, risks & mitigations, etc.).
Day to day activities as Project Manager include;
• development of the project’s technical scope,
• coordinating engineering and procurement teams,
• permit and development support,
• scheduling, engaging geotechnical and survey activities,
• supporting the construction cost estimating team with assumptions,
• delivering financial model inputs to the respective business unit,
• represent projects and the department in special and management meetings,
• briefing the various levels of management on a project’s progress, issues and risk mitigation
The following would be highly preferred for this position:
• 5+ Years of experience in construction, engineering or project management with power generation projects (including minimum 2 years in management).
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Excellent project management and communication skills.
• Excellent process management, prioritization and problem solving skills.
• Strong bias for action oriented performers.
This position is responsible for the overall management of assigned organization and projects, to ensure compliance within requiredbudgetary, scheduling, and safety goals. Employees in this role coordinate and manage construction work performed by contractors and/or vendors at the project site. Successful candidates manage the engineering, procurement and construction oversight-activities necessary to develop, license/permit, erect, start-up, and commence commercial operations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Works collaboratively with resources in various disciplines to determine project priorities and work plans
• Meets corporate objectives with limited project management, scheduling and estimating resources
• Manages department resources to provide effective early-stage project development support
• Ensures projects are efficiently, effectively and safely implemented in accordance with department procedures and policies
• Manages walk down of planned work, validates acceptance of completed work to design requirements, approves contractor payment requests
• Verifies constructability, ensures proper resource allocations, assesses field status and resolves issues as needed
• Leads project meetings and reviews budget, risk tracker, and contingency allocations
• Interfaces with project's designated management committees, or acts as Executive Director of project activities
• Supervises activities and/or coordinates activities or groups, such as safety programs, engineering, construction, budget, and analysis and contract administration
• Oversees commissioning activities to meet corporate objectives, with limited project management, scheduling and estimating resources
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:8+ years
• Supervisor/Management Experience:2+ years
Requisition ID: 16041