TE Connectivity’s Engineering Project Management Teams manage cross functional engineering projects. They work with Product Management, Sales, Quality, Manufacturing, Finance, and other functions across TE to assure projects meet financial, schedule and customer expectations. They are responsible for defining and creating project schedules, portfolio management, communication and execution of programs, identifying resource constraints and working with management for resolution, while adhering to LeanPD processes. TEGTA16.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
A Project Engineer that will manage Operations projects defined by Plant Management. This position will report to the Plant Manager/Sr. Operations Manager.
The project engineer is responsible for all aspects of the development, implementation and is the single point of contact for all assigned projects. This role will be responsible for the project from inception thru deployment. Interface coordination with all functions and areas affected by the project.
The Project Engineers objective is to successfully and effectively organize and execute the project schedule achieving timelines and staying within the cost estimate.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Lead assigned Core Teams to achieve defined objectives.
- Manage project scope, schedule, and budget for projects within the assigned business segment.
- Develop & manage projects plans and (as needed) gap closure plans.
- Follow established Stage Gate processes and assure integrity of project deliverables.
- Plan & lead Stage Gate reviews to plant management and possibly business segment management
- Utilize enterprise level project systems to manage project plans, data, and actions.
- Manage project capital budgets and assure execution in alignment with business unit financial plan.
- Assure projects are completed in accordance with business unit objectives for On-Time Delivery and Quality.
- Establish and maintain project scope throughout the project lifecycle, including initial setting of scope, and scope change management.
- Establish and maintain an accurate project schedule using Microsoft project or similar based on commitment from Core team members, customer, and all project stakeholders.
- Identify necessary project resources.
- Conduct status meetings with internal Core Team and external customers.
- Report out on project status as needed.
- Track project lessons learned and manage best practices.
- Proactively identify & resolve risks & issues and establish escalation path on all projects.
- Manage project communication, risks, and schedules.
- Conduct project closeout meetings and post launch reviews.
- Conduct costing reviews.
- Meet all established project deadlines. Clearly communicate roles, expectations, and accountabilities to team members on a regular basis. Be a resource to facilitate the resolution of project issues. Regularly keep management informed of problems, issues, and status of on-going projects.
- Develop and manage a positive customer relationship. Overseeing/mentoring Core Team members as needed to ensure customers’ expectations are met or exceeded during project execution activities.
- Undertake other tasks and duties that are within the capability of the individual
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- General knowledge of Operations/Manufacturing Processes
- Project Managementexperience desirable
- LEAN principles desirable
- Travel domestic and international