- Supports business and relationship developments activities of the division.
- Coordinates completion of defined work scope for a project between disciplines/locations involved.
- Assists in preparation of project execution strategy and reviews progress as drawings and specifications are developed and prior to issue for permit and construction.
- Monitors changes in scope/schedule and secures Change Authorizations, as required.
- Manages project financials, pricing and cash flow.
- Develops, reviews and approves all project management documents including: scope development, project costs and schedules, and internal/external communications.
- Develops proposals, project specification/scopes and negotiates final contracts.
- Monitors project costs and quality to ensure the profitability and technical performance of the project and develops innovative actions to correct variances to scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Exercises cost efficient and innovative approaches in the design to save construction costs and improve productivity.
- Anticipates, recognizes and identifies key project issues/problems and establishes objectives and priorities in solving them and determines solutions and directs their implementation.
- Prepares periodic reports for the client to track cost, schedule, and quality performance.
- Issues regular invoices for contracted work and services payment, and follows up on past due invoices.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 20+ years project managementexperience in a consulting organization
- Experience managing complex energy and utility projects in a consulting environment
- Experience with and general knowledge of safety and contract/liability issues
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering discipline
- Licensed Professional Engineer or PMP Certification is desirable
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee will:
- occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- frequently use close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus