Able to manage a team within Project Management ensuring project and business management is executed appropriately within the team. With personal responsibility for a portfolio, the role holder will be the primary client account and relationship manager for PDS, driving business delivery and exemplary client service to maximum benefit for the company in a sustainable manner. They provide training and mentorship to others.
- Independently manage all business aspects of the project / portfolio including: (40%)
- COS management
- SOR / plan maintenance
- Project Expansion
- Business forecasting (directly or supporting Head of PM)
- Manage an appropriate number of active projects, ensuring all assigned projects are delivered on time managing the revenue and the budget
- Lead the team to resolve all project issues and resource constraints affecting your portfolio.
- Client Meetings or correspondence (20%)
- Host and Lead New Business discussions with Client
- Manage client expectations efficiently. Maintain strong working relationships with all client representatives. Able to mend client relationships
- Participate in strategic initiatives for PDS and clients. Able to suggest and be involved in the implementation of improvements to systems and processes.
- Directly manage a team of Project Managers / Project Coordinator as required: (30%)
- Provide training/development as required
- Monitor and manage compliance to PDS Project delivery processes
- Accurately evaluate the performance levels of direct report employees and communicate openly and with constructive feedback to fully develop potential.
- Mentor/train PMs / Functional Project Team members on PM and related processes as required.
- Other management duties (10%)
- Work with PMO and local team to continuously improve PM and project delivery practices.
- Manage complex projects from pre-formulation onwards independently.
- Manage a portfolio of projects for major PDS clients.
- Feedback to Functional Leadership on project team member performance
- Support or lead a global PM or PDS initiatives.
- May own a PM/PDS process, responsible for training tools and associated change management
- Facilitate positive team member interaction and manage conflict.
- Manage the Technical and Strategic Development of the project drawing on relevant Technical leadership from across the organization. The process includes generating and presenting resulting proposals to the client as appropriate
- Participate in Project Management improvement initiatives.
- Represent or deputize for PM Senior staff as required.
- Manages SOR forecast and attainment of financial goals and KPI metrics (as required).
Other duties as required
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) with Minimum 5-10 years relevant industry experience (pharmaceutical development experience an advantage)
- Minimum 5 years of Project Management experience
- PMP certification preferred
- Experience working with external clients preferred
- Well organized with ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to motivate others
- Proficiency using MS Office applications
- Ability to make and meet commitments
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to our fundamental principles of Integrity, Respect, & Excellence
- Client interface experience and strong negotiating skills
- Proficiency with English language
- Line management experience and completion of relevant training an advantage
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices