Sr. Project Manager, Customer Success
Customer Success & Support | Seattle, Washington
Collaborate with our customers while providing consulting services and technical support to help them leverage their use of our products for maximum impact.
DocuSign is the leader in electronic signatures. We are looking for a Sr Project Manager (SPM) to join our Customer Success Operations team. The goals of the Senior Project Manager (SPM) are to develop and manage the schedules for internal projects within Customer Success in support of Corporate Initiatives and to drive efficiencies within our business while establishing, documenting and enforcing best practices for Project Management within Customer Success. The SPM drives projects to completion by ensuring the alignment of all parties impacted by the project through the entire lifecycle of the project. The successful candidate will be well organized and metrics-driven leader, with a strong bias for action and thrives in a fast paced and constantly changing environments.
This position an Individual Contributor role reporting to the Director of Services Operations but may have 1-5 direct reports in the future.
- Develop a highly flexible and transparent process which constantly engages with the business to ensure the team is focused on the right priorities and meeting business goals
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects, across the team including their own, are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop project scopes and objectives, defining feature requirements, and involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop detailed project plans to track progress
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Incident and bug management and tracking
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Create status reports, meeting minutes, and tracking action items.
- Keep business teams and senior executives updated on project timelines and results.
- Evaluate existing processes and procedures. Make recommendations and drive process improvement and adoption of best practices to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or discipline related to industry.
- 5+ years project managementexperience
- Experience with business analysis
- Experience using a CRM solution such as SalesForce.com
- Ability to adjust personal style to different situations
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple projects, and prioritize tasks
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as project charter, project plan, status reports, project timesheets, estimates, communication plan, reports, risk management plan, budget, milestone/deliverables charts.
- Demonstrated experience managing issues, scope, and quality while bringing projects to successful completion within cost and time requirements.
- Proficient in MS Project and Excel; able to manage complex project schedules and estimates.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to manage meetings, lead project teams, and communicate effectively with senior management.
- Not afraid to get involved in complex issues to drive problem solving, and rapidly get to solutions.
- Must be a self-starter, able to think on their feet and exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Must pay attention to details.
- Must be dedicated, flexible, accountable, and able to respond rapidly to issues and manage challenging situations with high business impact.
- Must be able to adjust work schedule when required based on projects and deliverables.
- PMI certified PMP is a plus.
- Aptitude for identifying areas for improvement and developing appropriate new processes
- Ability to lead without authority to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Ability to develop strong cross-team relationships and partnerships
- Ability to identify and resolve ambiguity
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills.