This Project Manager has day-to-day responsibility for managing multiple projects of moderate tohigh complexity from inception to completion, in a transforming agile environment. Our goal is todeliver innovative customer care solutions that are valuable, user-friendly, and enhance the AEO customer experience. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, has a bias for action and is a demonstrated leader whose management style is founded in collaboration and driving consensus. This role is responsible for coordinating and driving Customer Care projects at AEO, including omni-channel technical solutions, technology and 3rd party vendor selection and engagement, and deployment and success management, in order to drive American Eagle's customer journey.
This role will partner with cross-functional teams including Customer Care, the technology teams and third party vendors to drive the development of new capabilities and processes that further American Eagle Outfitter's position as a leader in fashion and retail.
- Provide leadership and direction to cross-functional teams by overseeing the progress of projects with regard to time, scope, and quality and budget.
- Ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces for the team to sequence iterative delivery
- Apply Agile project management techniques, methods, and tools to ensure project success
- Partner with outside vendors, companies and startups to network and create relationships that will foster effective communication and delivery.
- Build effective partnerships with the developers, architects, quality, and product managers.
- Manage risks, mitigation planning, and drive effective and timely decision making with technology team and stakeholders.
- Minimum 5+ years in technology and/or project management
- Minimum 5+ year experience with Customer care solutions and teams.
- Agile/Scrum Master certification preferred
- Innovative, entrepreneurial and forward-thinking – inclined to take action.
- Verified ability to balance multiple priorities and excel in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Established ability to effectively collaborate in a highly matrixed organization and gain the trust of others
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to communicate at all organizational levels
- Outstanding interpersonal, negotiation, facilitation, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated passion for project management and proven track record of successfully delivering medium to large scale projects
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and expertise; understanding of software development, testing, project management methodologies
- Experience in developing and executing plans, meeting deadlines and operating under tight timeconstraints
American Eagle Outfitters is an Equal Opportunity Employer