Sr Project Manager, Contract Operations Integration
Job ID R-304327
What Commercial Operations contributes to BD
The mission of the US Commercial Operations Center of Excellence (CoE) is to enable commercial strategy and drive profitable sales growth, by exceeding customer needs and improving the customer experience in the areas of Contracting, Sales Operations & Analytics and Commercial Sales Tool Enablement supported by exceptional Customer Master Data Management and Operational Excellence.
This will be accomplished by standardizing, automating and integrating (CoE approach) as one company, driving data integrity and remaining agile to the evolving needs of customers and BD’s US Go-to-Market strategies.
The Commercial Operations CoE team embraces industry leading capabilities, develops our talent and competencies, holds ourselves accountable to strong performance and operates by the highest values and culture of the company.
Accountabilities in this role
This temporary position will support the US Region’s Commercial Contracting Operations team through the BD & BARD integration effort and is expected to last for an estimated 2 years (March 31st 2020).
Reporting to the Director, Commercial Contract Operations, this position will lead a portfolio of projects and process improvement initiatives primarily focused on BARD integration activities and other projects in the US Region Contracting Operations pillar that will be managed and prioritized through a Project Portfolio Management (PPM) process. The primary focus will be on Commercial Contracting operational processes for Commercial Consumable and Capital Sales Contracts for all US business segments
This position will work across the E2E (End-to-End) Contract Operations teams to identify, plan, deliver, sustain, and continuously improve processes, policies, governance and system solutions to enable a successful integration, working in close partnership with the Commercial Enablement, IT, Commercial Sales and other cross functional teams. Through strong leadership, this role will seek to identify strengths and best practices, process efficiency opportunities, program interdependencies, and maintain close collaboration with business partners and stakeholders to ensure that US Commercial contracting strategies are integrated and implemented effectively and efficiently.
- Establish and maintain project management practices, processes, tools and reporting to identify and prioritize a portfolio of integration projects across Contract Operations including pricing, membership, LOC/price activation, chargebacks and national fee calculation/reporting processes.
- Identify and document/map existing BARD legacy Commercial Contract Operational practices across all businesses in order to establish a comparable baseline of processes/policies, metrics, data sources and technologies to assist in the development of standardization and future technology roadmaps for integration purposes.
- Actively contribute to Contract Operations strategy development by collaborating with senior management and leading the enablement of integration plans through related workstream deliverables.
- Lead and drive continuous process improvement/design projects and initiatives while promoting business process and systems/tools integration to drive integration and process standardization throughout the end-to-end commercial contracting process.
- Develop and provide subject matter expertise to enable the most effective design and application of business process/policies and system integration across the commercial contracting functional teams working in close conjunction with the Commercial Enablement and IT teams. Systems in scope include all legacy BARD and BD applications including Enterprise Contract Management (Vistex), and SalesForce.Com (SFDC) case management metrics reporting and other applications supporting contracting processes.
- Define policies, procedures, and processes to best harmonize and standardize all aspects of contract operations across legacy BARD and BD businesses, with appropriate flexibility to meet customer/market needs and dynamics. Ensure that risk is mitigated and regulations are appropriately addressed consistently across all business offerings.
- Business scope includes operational activities supporting portfolio of GPO, Other National (Reference Lab, Distribution, Non Acute, etc.), Regional Network (IDN including Direct Distribution) & customized local agreements (consumables and Diagnostic Systems capital).
- In partnership with Contract Operations leaders, lead integration of BARD legacy business into metrics reporting, KPI’s (key performance indicators), and SLA’s (service level agreements) in order to drive and achieve key strategic goals of the organization.
- Identify and understand key areas of change management with the ability to recognize and communicate the impact of change across the commercial contracting and other functional teams, to adopt process initiatives and reinforce the need for change for long term sustainability.
- Drive leading best practice effectiveness and efficiency through active industry engagement and implementation of global industry standards. Understand emerging healthcare industry trends and assess their potential impact on contracting strategies and execution.
- Work in partnership with other Sr. Project Managers within Commercial Contracting and other Comm Ops pillars to share best practices, project/program management methodologies and tools, ensure connectivity and interdependencies between projects and to manage the overall Project Portfolio Management (PPM) process and portfolio of projects across Comm Ops.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships and collaboration with other BD PMOs to share best practices and ensure alignment of common program/project management practices and tools.
- Inspire and empower the team to act with speed, agility and accountability enabling them to achieve excellence.
- Actively participate as a member of the Commercial Contracting Leadership Team.
- BA/BS required, MBA desirable
- 3+ years demonstrated business experience with leading teams directly or indirectly reporting to you
- Demonstrated Project Management skills and experience leading programs/projects/initiatives as well as process design/improvement projects required. PMI Certification preferred
- LeanSix Sigmaexperience and certification from a reputable organization preferred (Black Belt/Master Black Belt), including experience in change management, project management/coaching or other process improvement methodologies, highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of general business processes/operations and strong relationships with Finance, IT, General Management, Distributor Relations, Regulatory, Compliance, Legal and Sales Executive Leadership.
- Previous experience working in Life Sciences, preferably within Medical Devices, with in depth knowledge of customer types, business models and industry practices and processes, highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of commercial contracting including contract strategy development, contract terms and conditions, policy and process development, continuous improvement, transactional contracting technologies, pricing strategy and execution, and distributor relationships
- Able to work independently, multitask and prioritize workload in order to meet demanding deadlines
- Analytical problem solver with business acumen. Able to evaluate key business drivers and develop clear strategic recommendations
- Proven ability to quickly establish credibility, trust, and support within all levels of organization
- Demonstrated customer centricity skills and ability to navigate across a matrix organization
- Ability to stimulate and enable innovative thinking to drive change and effectiveness through high automation and process excellence
- Ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well communicated expectations.
- Strong communications and change management experience
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office including Projects, Powerpoint and Visio required
- Ability to travel 20-25%
- Influencing Others
- Process/Operational Effectiveness
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Business Acumen
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Leadership Courage