At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is a global, employee-owned consulting firm with over 600 employees in the NY/NJ area, including offices in Albany and Syracuse. We have a unique opportunity for a Senior Project Manager with in depth experience and relationships with federal and state agencies in this region to expand HDR’s capabilities and market share in environmental investigation and remediation by maximizing over $100 million in contact capacity. In this role, the Senior Project Manager will be a key leader in growing our practice in the area.
In the role of Senior Project Manager - Contaminated Sediment Investigation/Remediation, we'll count on you to:
• Provide technical expertise at project level and assist with growing HDR’s program through development of client relationships and identification of opportunities for expansion of our environmental services with a focus on surface water and sediment contamination, specifically applied to contaminate fate, transport and remediation.
• Take responsibility for technical project deliverables with a focus on large scale, technically complex projects
• Develop technical approaches for project execution, direct and review work of project team members, make strategic decisions during execution of projects, and communicate recommendations for any changes in scope to Project Manager and client.
Keyword(s): Senior Project Manager, Contaminated Sediment, Environmental Project Manager, job #148147, *LI-MP1
• A minimum of a MSdegree in environmental engineering/science, oceanography or closely related field is required.
• 20+ years of experience with strong technical focus on environmental remediation, involved in contaminated sites and water bodies in the NY/NJ region. Strong technical background in geochemistry and water quality with emphasis on contaminant fate and transport is preferred.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• Self-motivated, able to work independently and with a project team to completion of task
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.