We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager (SPM) to join our Corporate Solutions team in McLean, VA. The SPM will perform high-profile, dynamic, fast-paced commercial real estate design and construction projects featuring award-winning space for financial services / technology firm. This position will be based at the client’s global headquarters located in McLean, VA, and projects will span Mid-Atlantic region, including Northern Virginia, DC, and Maryland. JLL Project and Development Services team provides end-to-end project management services including all accounting and auditing functions associated with the capital projects, and use of dynamic real-time project management software within an online platform.
Project Management Team is comprised of National Lead, Regional Lead, Senior Project Managers, Project Managers, and Project Coordinators, working as an integrated team with other JLL Service Providers in Facility Management, Engineering, Space Planning, and Move Management functions. This individual will deliver senior level project management supervision over assigned client projects, provide superior client service, provide superior employee management, contribute to the growth of the company, enhance own professional and personal skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Upon award of a project, develop project specific and client driven goals, schedules, budgets and detailed assumptions.
- Establish and maintain project goals and success criteria the meets the client needs.
- Build rapport with client representatives and ensure scope of project and outside business forces affecting the project is fully understood and that specific deliverables are fully understood with performance standards and other relevant criteria.
- Coordinate any necessary due diligence efforts on behalf of the client, maintaining and delivering all appropriate documentation.
- Develop a detailed project budget based on historical and market data and clearly defined set of budget assumptions.
- Act as the primary senior level contact with the client throughout the duration of the project.
- Guide the client and JLL Integrated team through the design implementation process including conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documentation and signoff.
- Develop and maintain an Integrated Master Project Schedule.
- Prepare various RFP’s needed for vendor and contractor services for the complete project.
- Develop procedures for vendor bid distribution, receipt, opening, leveling and award
- Facilitate a project kick-off meeting with internal staff and key stakeholders to ensure responsibilities are communicated and understood by all concerned.
- Actively track each aspect of project performance against schedules and critical path.
- Oversee vendor and project team members work to ensure compliance with contract and client expectations.
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.).
- Implement and refine best practices of standards of excellence and develop innovations to be shared across Corporate Solutions platform.
- Assist in training and developing Jones Lang LaSalle team members in the skills and understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices expected for a successful project implementation.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all PDS technology as required for assigned projects.
- Comply with all Jones Lang LaSalle policies and procedures, including but not limited to ethics and business practice.
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 10+ years Project Management / Construction Management experiencerequired, in Mid-Atlantic region preferred
- Ability to regularly communicate analyzed data to client and team to achieve project goals
- Strong working knowledge of architectural drawings and furniture and space planning concepts
- Flexibility with work hours and travel as needed
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to support or lead Business Development initiatives as assigned or requested.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients
- Ability to successfully communicate with architects, contractors, client’s representatives, and team members.
- Previous experience effectively supervising, training, mentoring and evaluating several project managers at various levels within the organization/team
- Ability to manage all aspects of construction projects effectively and efficiently including, but not limited to Budgeting, Scheduling, Submittals, Change orders, Closeout
- Demonstrated high level of performance in project budgeting, contract negotiations and scheduling
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Project software
- Aptitude and enthusiasm to utilize JLL-proprietary project management software for purpose of project reporting, accounting, and closeout
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management.
- CCM or PMP certifications desired. LEED accreditation desired.