Our employees, whom we call “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
- Responsible for quality projects being built on time and within budget. Ensure scope changes are processed and incorporated into the current scope of work in a timely manner. Provides material takeoff, estimate and pricing for changes to work scope. Establishes and executes subcontracts and equipment buy-outs to support schedules and budgets. Participates in selling and negotiating contracts.
- Reviews various reports to determine project status and determine actions required. Provides periodic status and end of contract cost and budget analysis.
- Conducts and attends job meetings according to customer and company guidelines and schedules. Conducts pre-job and continuing planning meetings (MISOP Process) to ensure all project team members understand contract terms and conditions, clauses, schedules or any unusual requirements of the project.
- Assembles an estimates projects. Reviews the final estimate and ensures the proper loading of those numbers into the project cost system.
- Communicates all project issues to the appropriate level of management in a timely manner.
- Documents planning meeting results and ensures all action items are completed. Develops and keeps current all project schedules. Ensures all schedules mesh with the master project schedule and resolves conflicts when they occur.
- Prepares and submits monthly contract billings to ensure proper cash flow during contract performance. Protects the company’s interest by managing all financial aspects of the contract. Completes project closeout/inactivation within prescribed period including the final project billing to obtain full funding.
- Manages conflict resolution with customers, vendors, trades or Partners. Leads and manages other project managers. Provides leadership, shares technical expertise and experience to other Partners.
- Identifies and develops policies and procedures for continuous aggressive improvement.
- Assembles estimates for projects. Visits job sites or onsite offices, performs work inspections, checks job progress, and resolves project and contract issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Sciences, Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering degree is required.
- 7+ years of experience.
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs, on-schedule and within budget.
- Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross functional environment.
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs.
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities.