Working under minimal supervision of the Director, Technical Services Operations, referring only exceptional problems and issues for management review or approval, the Sr. Project Manager manages small to large complex projects for customers, as well as multi-disciplinary projects. The Sr. Project Manager assesses and develops business requirements, develops functional specifications, integrates with back office systems, and identifies business tasks, UAT, and implementation. The Sr. Project Manager manages the large scale rollout projects with in the configuration center to insure projects are being completed by specified SLA's. Manages the SharePoint sites for POD, Production, Depot and R&D and develops standard operating procedures (SOPs) in accordance to PMI standards for the different teams. Provides Project Management leadership to the assigned teams.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Project Management or similar major
- PMP or project management certificate or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
Minimum years of career experience to qualify for role: 10 years, including a minimum of 8 year(s) of work experience in progressively responsible roles in project or program management.
- General proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite with experience or being able to quickly learn the product. Microsoft Project; Status reporting tools; Time tracking and reporting tools; Use case development; Scrum project management; Agile development; Burn down charting.
- Advanced knowledge of SharePoint with ability to manage multiple sites
- Possesses strong planning and negotiation skills.
- Possesses strong facilitation and meeting management skills.
- Advanced Project Management skills with ability to perform project initiation, development, implementation, scope management, status reporting and implementation.
- Ability to analyze informational requirements and needs, identify problems, provide technical advice and consultation, and ensure efficient computer systems utilization; analyze data and develop logical solutions to problems; interface effectively and cooperatively with computer system users to maintain efficient system utilization; monitor system utilization and recommend appropriate revisions to processes, procedures, and operations.
- Understanding of the complexities of scheduling in a matrix organization
- Business acumen with the ability to develop an understanding of PC Connection, the direct sales of computer products, and the company's strategies and an understanding of the organization's customers, their behaviors and preferences.
Other Behavioral Competencies
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build and sustain positive relationships with individuals and to develop strong business relationships within the organization.
- Strong team leader with ability to support a team to accomplish objectives by serving, motivating and collaborating with, and focusing on the needs of team members: attention to team dynamics and goals.
- Demonstrated capacity to learn, comprehend and have the ability to clearly and concisely present information verbally and in writing.
- Effective time management and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities with competing deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Good listening skills with ability to receive information completely and understand what is being said.
- Reliable with ability to complete consistent, quality work and to follow through on commitments.
- Detail oriented with item by item focus, meticulous attention to detail with ability to proofread for accuracy.
- Self-motivated with ability to work well on a team or independently.
- Judgment with ability to formulate opinions, compare and decide with good sense.
Additional preferred competencies or preferred qualifications, if any:
- Project management certification preferred.
- Prior experience in similar industry preferred.