Job ID R-302751 Date posted03/07/2018
Job Description Summary
The mission of the US Commercial Operations Center of Excellence (CoE) is to enable commercial strategy and drive profitable sales growth, by exceeding customer needs and improving the customer experience in the areas of Contracting, Sales Operations & Analytics and Commercial Sales Tool Enablement supported by exceptional Customer Master Data Management and Operational Excellence.
This will be accomplished by standardizing, automating and integrating (CoE approach) as one company, driving data integrity and remaining agile to the evolving needs of customers and BD’s US Go-to-Market strategies.
The Commercial Operations CoE team embraces industry leading capabilities, develops our talent and competencies, holds ourselves accountable to strong performance and operates by the highest values and culture of the company.
Accountabilities in this role
Reporting to the Senior Director, Commercial Contracting, this position requires an experienced SeniorProject Manager, Commercial Contracts who will lead and manage a portfolio of programs, projects and process improvement initiatives with a primary focus on Commercial Contracting processes for Commercial (Consumable and Capital) Sales Contracts for all US business segments (currently excluding BioSciences, Diabetes Care and Pharmaceutical Systems).
This position will work across the E2E (End-to-End) teams to plan, deliver, sustain, and continuously improve processes, policies, governance and integrated system solutions working in close partnership with the Commercial Enablement, IT, Commercial Sales and other cross functional teams. This position will seek to combine the strengths and best practices of BD and outside benchmarks through strong leadership, process improvement methodologies, project management practices and close collaboration with business partners to ensure that US Commercial contracting strategies are implemented and administrated effectively and efficiently.
- Identify, lead and drive continuous process improvement/design projects and initiatives while leading and promoting business process and systems/tools integration to drive automation and process standardization throughout the end-to-end commercial contracting process.
- Manage and prioritize a portfolio of programs and projects across the Commercial Contracting spectrum, working closely with the Sr. Program Manager for the MMS Capital Contracting Team. Business scope includes commercial contract offer development and operational activities supporting portfolio of GPO, Other National (Reference Lab, Distribution, Non-Acute, etc.), Regional Network (IDN including Direct Distribution) & customized local agreements (consumables and Diagnostic Systems capital).
- Support and collaborate with the leaders of the Contract Offer Development and Operations cross functional teams to enhance business processes across the end to end organizations. Facilitate the standardization of best practices across the businesses and stakeholders, to ensure deal making and execution handoffs are executed efficiently and accurately.
- Develop and provide subject matter expertise to enable the most effective design and application of business process and system integration across the commercial contracting functional teams working in close conjunction with the Commercial Enablement and IT teams. Systems in scope include Contract Lifecycle Mgt. (CLM), Enterprise Contract Management (i.e. Vistex), Quoting tool (CPQ), SalesForce.Com (SFDC) case management metrics reporting and other applications supporting contracting processes.
- Collaborate with ERP (Vistex) IT partners to ensure that business requirements are supported. Ensure technology functionality and performance appropriately supports offer development workflow and post-deal activities (pricing, membership, claims and chargebacks) and any SOX requirements.
- Ensure operational efficiencies are maintained and continually improved upon in order to achieve key operational goals.
- In partnership with Commercial Offer Development and Contract Operations leaders, develop metrics, KPI’s (key performance indicators), and SLA’s (service level agreements) in order to hold the team accountable for achieving the key strategic goals of the organization. Identify and understand key areas of change management with the ability to recognize and communicate the impact of change across the commercial contracting and other functional teams, to adopt process initiatives and reinforce the need for change for long term sustainability.
- Drive leading best practice effectiveness and efficiency through active industry engagement and implementation of global industry standards. Understand emerging healthcare industry trends and assess their potential impact on contracting strategies and execution
- Define policies, procedures, and processes to harmonize all aspects of contract offer development, execution and operations, with appropriate flexibility to meet customer/market needs and dynamics. Ensure that risk is mitigated and regulations are appropriately addressed consistently across all business offerings.
- Work in partnership with other Sr. Project Managers within other Comm Ops pillars to share best practices, project/program management methodologies and tools, ensure connectivity and interdependencies between projects and to manage the overall Project Portfolio Management (PPM) process and portfolio of projects across Comm Ops.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships and collaboration mechanisms with other BD PMOs (SC PMO, ePMO, BPM team, etc.) to share best practices and ensure alignment of common program/project management practices and tools.
- Inspire and empower the team to act with speed, agility and accountability enabling them to achieve excellence.
- Actively participate as a member of the Commercial Contracting Leadership Team.
- BA/BS required. In lieu of degree, a minimum of 10 years of related experience is required. MBA desirable.
- 3+ years demonstrated business experience with leading projects and leading teams not directly reporting to you.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills and experience leading programs/projects/initiatives as well as process design/improvement projects required. PMI Certification preferred.
- LeanSix Sigmaexperience and certification from a reputable organization preferred (Black Belt/Master Black Belt), including experience in change management, project management/coaching or other process improvement methodologies, highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of general business processes/operations and strong relationships with Finance, IT, General Management, Distributor Relations, Regulatory, Compliance, Legal and Sales Executive Leadership.
- Previous experience working in Life Sciences, preferably within Medical Devices, with in depth knowledge of customer types, business models and industry practices and processes, highly preferred.
- Understanding of commercial contracting including contract strategy development, contract terms and conditions, policy and process development, continuous improvement, transactional contracting technologies, pricing strategy and execution, and distributor relationships
- Able to work independently, multitask and prioritize workload in order to meet demanding deadlines
- Analytical problem solver with business acumen. Able to evaluate key business drivers and develop clear strategic recommendations
- Proven ability to quickly establish credibility, trust, and support within all levels of organization
- Demonstrated customer centricity skills and ability to navigate across a matrix organization
- Ability to stimulate and enable innovative thinking to drive change and effectiveness through high automation and process excellence
- Strong team management skills and people development skills
- Ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well communicated expectations.
- Strong communications and change management experience
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office including Projects, PowerPoint and Visio required
- Willingness and ability to travel 10-15%.
- Influencing Others
- Process/Operational Effectiveness
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Business Acumen
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Leadership Courage