Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
This advanced level position applies standard project management methodologies for large scale projects in order to quickly and efficiently implement enterprise wide processes and programs.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates project planning, scheduling and progress reporting in order to meet project deadlines
- Establishes resource requirements, assembles project teams and monitors resource allocation
- Ensures project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability and budgets
- Monitors project performance and reports results to leadership
- Ensures project completion and implementation that involve varying complexity and risk
- Interacts with existing or potential clients to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery
- Mentors other entry to intermediate level project managers
Job Specific Skills
- Advanced understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of Project Management
- Advanced understanding of project management phases, techniques and tools
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize projects and resources within projects
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, as well as projects across programs and portfolios
- Enhanced presentation, analytical and multitasking abilities
- Minimum: High School diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree – from accredited university - Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or other related field
- Minimum: 5 – 8 years related work experience
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.