Ready to join a dynamic team that strives to deliver excellent products by managing the process from concept to production? The Senior Project Manager role may be the right one for you. This person will be responsible for managing the full life cycle of projects, including ensuring projects adhere to the agreed-upon scope, timelines, and budget. They will also own post-deployment critical care, subsequent release management and long-term application maintenance.
- Work directly with senior IT management and service unit owners to translate business requirements into realistic project plans for various initiatives.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, including timelines, requirements specifications, and “As Is” and “To Be” process flows; develop strong understanding of essential business needs and processes.
- Ensure project requirements are prioritized appropriately, agreed to, and executed upon. Develop technical specifications from functional requirements to ensure proper development of applications and functionality.
- Evaluate and manage change requests, risks and project schedules to ensure deadlines are met.
- Coordinate and conduct status meetings with project teams and vendors, including preparing status reports and presentations. Document discussions and decisions of project meetings. Communicate with key stakeholders, manage stakeholder expectations, and resolve conflict.
- Coordinate internal and third party resource availability. Anticipate road blocks and bottle necks.
- Ensure proper QA of deliverables prior to delivery to business users.
- Oversee User Acceptance Testing; clearly identify issues and expected outcomes, and work with developers to resolve issues and errors.
- Develop data migration/integration strategies; oversee data analysis, data mapping, and data conversion program test plans.
- Obtain stakeholder sign-offs / approvals on specifications, testing, and deployments.
- Ensure League security policies are applied appropriately to new and existing applications.
- Ensure business owners are properly trained on delivered applications which includes creating user documentation as required.
- Implement policies and procedures for change management, user administration, and system controls as necessary.
- Build and maintain relationships with service unit leaders.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience as a Project Manager or Project Lead
- Experience using API's, data mapping, understanding schemas
- Skill set should include working with vendors and off-shore talent
- Friendly, approachable and eager to embrace issue resolution.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision; proficient and able to handle multiple projects, managing toward deadlines and deliverables.
- Good understanding of technical concepts with demonstrated ability to learn and embrace new and changing technologies, applications and solutions.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented; ability to understand the big picture and work on projects with diverse goals.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to think critically and develop creative solutions to complex business issues.
- Strategic thinker who can pivot in the face of adversity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must, with the ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholders across the organization and across technical and non-technical disciplines
- Proficiency with MS excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with Visio, MySQL workbench, SQL developer, and JIRA a plus
- Amateur and professional hockey knowledge a plus