Position Summary:The scope of responsibilities would be to manage the equipment supply projects and occasionally with installation, from project award through, fabrication, delivery, final payment and warranty administration. SPM is responsible for the project schedule and ensuring that quality, cost, revenue and deliverables are achieved.
Accountable for the successful implementation of all activities associated with assigned projects. Using organizational skills and attention to detail, the SPM is responsible for the successful management of projects start to finish. The SPM will have overall responsibility within and across functional departments. This includes the initiation, planning, execution, control, communication and closure of their project. The SPM is also responsible for keeping the customer and executive management apprised of progress and other pertinent information.
Excellent communication skills are required to coordinate activities with internal functional departments, manufacturing facility and vendors/suppliers around the world are essential. Experience with fabrication and material supply outside the U.S. (particularly China and Asia) is a plus.
- Essential Responsibilities:Understand the vision of company management and develop and implements plans, systems and activities to support this vision with minimal supervision.
- Retains the primary responsibility for the timely identification, documentation and appropriate approvals of change management items. This includes notification to our customer of all items affecting cost, schedule or quality.
- The SPM is responsible for the strategy, negotiations and closure of all change requests and change orders with the customer
- Must have the experience and ability to understand commercial contract terms and conditions and, using legal counsel to refine, develop a project strategy to mitigate risk to the corporation.
- Retains the primary responsibility for the project schedule and all contract deliverables.
- Retains the primary responsibility for the timely submittal and accuracy of the monthly project financial reports to company management. Included in the monthly reporting cycle is providing the required cost forecasts for the corporate calculation of revenue.
- Maintain contact (expedite as necessary) with major suppliers and fabrications. Visit these facilities periodically to verify progress and, working with company QA, ensure the customer’s requirements for quality products are achieved.
- Responsible to approve all expenditures written against their respective projects.
- Adhere to deadlines as produced in the monthly financial closing calendar and provide initial, updated, cost information to the Project Controller in spreadsheet form and post reported financial information.
- Providing direction, leadership, and support through excellent communication skills to project team members in a professional manner
- Ensure project documentation is complete and communicated (e.g., project charter, scope statement, project schedule, project budget, requirements, testing and others).
- Resolving conflicts within the project between resources, schedules, etc. Work with other SPM’s and senior management to resolve resource conflicts between projects.
- Working with stakeholders and team members in order to get buy-in on decisions that will lead to the success of department projects
- Job Requirements / Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:BS Degree in Engineering
- MS Degree in Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Ten years of experience in Project Engineering and/or Project Management.
- Industry experience with focus on Feedwater Heaters, Condensers, Fired heaters, OTSG, and Waste Heat Boilers.
- Experience in the construction of power and/or process industry facilities.
- Managerial and mentorship experience of other project managers preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
- Valid passport will be required.
- Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, and knowledge of Critical Path Methods using Primavera Scheduling.