Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a Sr. Project Manager:
- Develop and manage new project work for the Long Island and New York City metropolitan area, including identification of expanding engineering and science markets;
- Implement a strategic plan to profitably grow existing and / or new service lines for the Tri-State Metro Division;
- Develop technical proposals, cost estimates, and presentations for existing and new clients;
- Write technical reports, perform QA/QC on work products developed by others, and mentor junior staff;
- Understanding of financial / project management systems (task scheduling, budgeting, budget tracking, and forecasting); and,
- Support company programs and initiatives including all health and safety requirements.
Why you'll love working for us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short- and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 750+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- 10 to 15 years of experience in environmental consulting, focusing on the Long Island and NYC metropolitan area;
- Bachelor's degree in related environmental field;
- Strong industry, trade, and governmental contacts and relationships in the Long Island / NYC area;
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and knowledge of LI and NYS regulations and environmental programs; and,
- Proven track record of developing, managing, and sustaining client relationships;
- Professional license.
- Ability to mentor and train staff.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Excellent technical communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent safety record and understanding of safe work practices.
- Experience with Deltek Vision is highly desired.
- Professional accreditation and licensure in related fields preferred
- Active participation in trade organizations