The primary goal of the Manager is to support the ADD global service organization in: 1) the execution of short term and the long range strategic projects that align to division goals in the potential areas of: asset management; field force effectiveness; relationship management; technology innovation; and service excellence.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
1. Ensure that high impact programs are conceived; planned; executed; and tracked to meet
financial objectives as defined by the Division Long Range Plan.
2. Act as liaison with service leaders and others necessary for completion of special projects. Assist all countries and area service teams to meet project deadlines and properly implement strategies.
3. When appropriate; utilize business excellence (value stream mapping; 6-sigma; lean; design excellence) in global service project creation and implementation.
4. Manage strategic projects which may include but not be limited to: NPS and customer satisfaction improvement; proliferation of remote diagnostics; establishment of customer relationship management tools; performance excellence criteria development for service organization; standardization and improvement of technical service bulletins; etc
5. Direct broader organization to institutionalize new processes and/or projects.
Position Accountability and Scope:
This position reports into the GM of Service Strategy and Excellence and has a direct impact on the ability of the organization to meet short term and long range objectives for profitability and customer satisfaction. Interprets Results / Recommends Options: Determines if results match requirements. Ensures that the necessary documentation is in place to meet quality and regulatory requirements.
Draws Inferences: Assimilates disparate information from multiple sources; analyzes for trends; adjusts results and draws inferences. Resolves disparate information.
Integrates Issues: Synthesizes underlying causes to make judgments; recognizes the impact and interconnections in the organization and/or system; develops and recommends alternatives that support project strategies. Ensures that consistency is maintained across project. Creates
Project Charter: Establishes project scope by creating charter; which includes “Done” for the project; assumptions; necessary conditions and preliminary project risks.
Creates Project Plan: Plans how the project timeline will be created. Develops appropriately detailed; cross-functional; realistic; and challenging timeline that include resource requirements and buffers. As information becomes available; updates project risks in charter and; as appropriate; includes this work in the project plan.
Adjusts Project Plan: Works with cross-functional groups to ensure that buffers are managed appropriately. Adjust project plan when appropriate and reflects these changes in the timeline. Creates contingency plans; reflects this work in the timeline; and acts on them to ensure project quality and delivery are achieved.
Provides updates to management as plans change. Executes Project Plans: Executes project plans to meet project goals; incorporates technical; resource; and regulatory requirements into project plans. Continuously Improves: Recommends innovative ways to improve performance; quality and enhance profitability on an ongoing basis; modifies work processes and procedures in line with current ADD quality and regulatory requirements. Works with cross-functional team to resolve resource conflicts; allocations. Allocates Resources: Appropriately prioritizes tasks and allocates resources to achieve desired outcomes.
Manages Change: Evaluates the impact of project changes and adjusts implementation activities to meet revised. Clearly communicates any changes and the impact to original plan within the project. Drives for Results: Identifies organizational barriers to achieving results and elevates to management.
Minimum Education: Bachelordegree in business; life sciences; engineering or related technical discipline
Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting IVDs and Biologics.
10-15 years of diverse experience related to Division Operations. Combination of experience and/or exposure to service, operations, and business development desired. Previous project management required.
The position requires:
(1) an ability to develop and understand both the technology and capabilities of our products/processes;
(2) organizational awareness of Abbott Diagnostics;
(3) communication skills that are effective in both small and large group settings; and experience in managing large scope/impact initiatives.