RTI International is seeking a Senior Project Management Specialist to support our Supplier Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiative by conducting comprehensive assessments that shape improvements to the initiative’s design and structure. This position will be based in our headquarters office in RTP, NC when it reopens (tentatively June 2021).
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing a communication and marketing plan; perform focused research and advise steering committee on the best solutions to enhance opportunities for Diverse Business Partners and Clients that are Black-owned, LGBTQ-owned, Minority-owned, Service-Disabled Veteran-owned, and Woman-owned Business Enterprises.
- Managing various concurrent project tasks and deliverables while developing a long term comprehensive change management plan: Perform organizational assessments, develop decision-maker adoption models, and propose required realignment; Analyze processes, identify improvements opportunities, and recommend best change management approach; Research data-science approaches to Diverse-supplier engagement opportunities; ultimately help us shape the SupplierDEI initiative that also drives Corporate Growth.
Minimum Education/Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication, Marketing, Human Resources, or related field and 5 years’ related project and/or process improvement experience; DEI knowledge is a plus; equivalent combination of higher-level degree (Master’s) and experience will also be considered.
- Knowledge of project management processes and tools; knowledge of pre-award (capture and proposal) processes and how external partnering decisions are made.
- Knowledge of process improvement methods and/or organizational development (including change management).
- Understanding of general supplier diversity, DEI, and socio-economic programs business case is a plus.
- Understanding (and becoming a proactive ally) of our Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (EDIB) initiative.
- Ability to influence others on SupplierDEI
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite and PM tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of US Government acquisition regulations, small business subcontracting, small business prime contracting, and supplier diversity.
- Knowledge of procurement/contracts principles and terminology as well as basics of contracts administration and finance or accounting;
- Ability to perform duties that require close attention to detail, to prioritize workload and follow tasks through to completion;
- Understanding of business development and corporate growth strategies.
- Ability to multi-task; Ability to work independently; Attention to detail and accuracy; Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, project staff, suppliers and clients;
- Proficient interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; Ability to work productively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Ability to identify risks and ensure RTI interests and image are appropriately protected.