- Conducts programming efforts such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, lighting and color coordination.
- Develops innovative design concepts which are practical, aesthetic, safe and conducive to intended purposes and function which is reflective of client goals and within project budget.
- Coordinates color and material palettes.
- Responsible for selection and specification of furniture, lighting, flooring, wall covering and artwork. Estimates material requirements and preliminary costs.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Renders conceptual design ideas and prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Prepares and conducts client presentations.
- Prepares, corrects and updates documents during schematic design and design development phases.
- Solicits bids and assists Project Manager and client in subcontracting fabrication, installation, and arrangement of the materials, finishes, and furnishings required.
- Responsible for keeping the project, or a phase of a project, on schedule.
- Responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support as necessary.
- Supports the Construction Administration phase responding to RFI’s, CO’s, and reviews shop drawings.
- Implements and utilizes HOK Standards for all projects and processes
- May provide support to all team members for specific field, style, or phase of interior design expertise.
- May mentor and direct the work of less experienced staff and deliver staff performance evaluations.
- May participate in interviews and recruiting of professional staff.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Travel will be required.
- Overtime will be required.
- The job duties and requirements that this document describes may be altered or supplemented at any time at the sole discretion of HOK.
- Possess creative talent in conceptual design and rendering skills of either hand or computer sketching.
- Knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Advanced knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, signage, art, and color schemes to carryout design intent.
- Advanced knowledge of building regulations and safety codes.
- Advanced knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IDP).
- Proven ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients.
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills of interior design including the following computer skills:
- Proficiency in Deltek Vision highly preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Newforma preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in Revit is preferred.
- Proficiency in of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software.
- Knowledge of 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in architecture, interior design or foreign equivalent
- 7 plus years’ experience in interiors projects required.
- Must be a professional Interior Designer and have passed the NCIDQ exam or be a registered Architect with current license required.
- If registered architect, NCARB registration preferred.
- LEED accreditation or Green Associate preferred