Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is a seasoned Project Engineering professional working independently. Supports the development of project plans, schedules and budgets, tracks progress, resolves problems, develops solutions, and forecasts project revenue. Coordinates with other functional organizations. Identifies and addresses project problems, analyzes data gathered, and develops solutions and recommendations to solve problems, meet deadlines and optimize performance.
• Supports the development of project plans, schedules and budgets.
• Tracks progress, identifies and resolves obstacles to minimize disruption to project schedules to ensure smooth project operations.
• Forecasts project revenues, monitors costs and re-estimates project costs on a monthly basis to maximize project profitability and ensure business targets are met.
• Analyzes data gathered and develops solutions or alternative methods of proceeding to optimize performance and increase efficiency of work.
• Maintains and presents plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the project(s) to track progress and ensure that established targets are met.
• Identifies and addresses project problems and recommends resolutions to ensure the successful completion of projects.
• Facilitates project tasks with the various functional organizations to ensure alignment with overall project objectives.
• Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion.
• Oversees and coordinates the administrative and operational aspects of ongoing projects within program guidelines.
• Liaises between project management and planning, project teams, and line management.
• Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
• Reviews project and budget status, manages schedules and prepares reports.
• Monitors and assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Represents UTC as the primary customer contact for projects.
• Directs the work of employees assigned on projects in technical manufacturing and administrative areas.
• Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
• Meets program schedules and budgets and maintains the integrated master schedules for project(s).
• Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor's degree and five years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and three years of prior relevant experience
This job may be considered a sensitive position in accordance with NASA Guidelines. If so, the selected candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA's regulation subpart 1823.5 Drug-Free Workforce.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more