Master of Science degree in Civil, Structural, or Geotechnical Engineering, or related degree, from a 4-year accredited college or university.
Professional registration required.
- 10 – 15 years of demonstrated experience Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, or Structural Engineering; analysis and design
- Ability to supervise and manage a multi-disciplinary team as well as projects with minimal oversight
- Sound knowledge and understanding of civil engineering design concepts
- Ability to perform advanced engineering calculations
- Ability to prepare engineering reports and design and construction documents
- Previous experience with a consulting firm required
Key Job Elements
In this role you will:
- Develop and prepare work plans and proposals for investigations/studies, consultation and design of underground infrastructure, including:
- Defining the scope of field investigations
- Preparing cost estimates and project schedules
- Preparing, delivering and discussing design and bid documents with clients
- Prepare and review engineering analyses, reports, calculations, contract documents, designs and specifications for infrastructure projects
- Plan, organize, supervise and conduct field evaluations and field inspection programs
- Plan, organize, supervise and deliver basis of design reports, permit applications, design plans, and contract documents according to firm and client standards and applicable codes.
- Develop and present project-specific or technical presentations to clients, technical organizations, and in-house staff.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, be able to work in a team environment as well as independently, demonstrated team-oriented approach to problem-solving, and have strong interpersonal skills for contact with clients and fellow engineers/technicians.
- Accuracy, dependability and strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to manage multiple assignments at any given time, and have ability to work in a team environment.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance, and be willing to travel to and conduct field work at project sites as well as offices in Michigan and Ohio.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
- May be required to perform job duties in the field and office, during non-standard work hours, as necessary.
- Be willing and able to work on construction sites, performing review activities.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Maybe be required to enter and work within confined spaces, once appropriately trained.
Leadership and Project Management Experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience in mentoring, leading, managing and developing junior staff
- Ability to organize technical material into comprehensive reports as well as perform QA/QC reviews on work product
- Project planning, budgeting, task delegation and management to ensure project is completed according to work plans
- Project Administration, including invoicing and collections
- Must have a proven ability to seek and establish new clients and build good business relationships with both new and current clients.
- Develop and maintain professional business relationships with targeted new clients.
- Conduct periodic site / client visits, project and business development meetings.
- Assist in developing business strategies and action plans for creating growth opportunities.
- Work with Business Development staff to bring new clients / business opportunities to the firm.