Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform calculations, select materials, and engineer drawings in compliance with applicable codes and write specifications.
- Conduct site field investigations to gather data on existing conditions, monitor construction progress, and punchlist completed construction.
- Review and respond to tradecontractor RFIs and shop drawing submittals.
- Estimate construction costs using vendor quotes and market pricing.
- Communicate effectively and promptly with project managers, architects, engineers, and staff in other offices to provide coordinated structural deliverables.
- Lead and mentor junior structural staff.
- Represent Bergmann professionally when attending client meetings and jobsite progress meetings.
- Promote the reputation of Bergmann through the technical quality of your work.
- Assist the Discipline Manager with business development by preparing proposals and attending prospective client interviews.
QualificationsThe ideal candidatewill have:
- 10+ years of experience working as a structural consultant in a client focused environment while collaborating with multiple A/E disciplines to meet concurrent project deadlines.
- PE license with the ability to obtain PE licenses in multiple mid-Atlantic region states.
- Must be knowledgeable of applicable codes (e.g. AISC, AISI, ACI, ASTM, IBC, etc.) and industry standards.
- Understanding of prominent analytical and design software (e.g. AutoCAD, Revit, Risa, RAM, ETABS, SAFE, etc.).
- Proficient performing site observations to collect existing conditions data.
- Skilled at designing with wood, steel, masonry, and concrete structural systems for structures ranging from single story to mid-rise.
- Experienced at timely reviews of contractor shop drawings and responding promptly to contractor RFIs.
- Experience with monitoring on site construction progress for compliance with design requirements.