General Position Summary The Senior Project Engineer assists, supports andreports to the assigned project leadership (e.g. Senior Project Manager, Project Manager, etc.).
This position provides project administration and technical support in the areas of document control, evaluation, coordination, communication anddistribution of project specific information, authorizations, project performance, and status.
Maintains management and project facilitation to ensure compliance and owner satisfaction. Exercises discretion and independent judgment on a regular basis to perform tasks in furtherance of organization and client needs.
Must be flexible and adaptable team player as well as have strong communication and client service skills. Ability to supervise Project Engineers, Field Engineers and/or Project Administrative staff.
Major Duties &Responsibilities
- Supervision of on-site Project Engineers, Field Engineers and/or Project Administrative staff
- Functional knowledge of project development, including contracts, design and construction management, project systems, delivery and specifications to ensure relation and compliance to project requirements
- May independently oversee related activities.
- Obtain and maintain data, information, communications, and approvals required by project and company requirements between owner, architects, engineers, contractors/subcontractors, or other project related entities
- Help develop and maintain document and project controls systems and procedures as well as assist in management of project permit process
- Monitor, evaluate and ensure compliance with systems and procedures
- Participate in and/or facilitate project meetings to include documentation, administration, and tracking of relevant information
- Provide coordination and monitor activity of contractor, architect, engineer, or other project related entities
- Provide contractual requirements on areas of safety, performance, project staff, and equipment for project leadership
- Perform independent analysis and evaluation of change orders and provide recommendations to project leadership
- Monitor project closeout to secure provisions for project delivery to owner entities
- Assist in preparations of bid packages and procurement
- Compiles reports regarding financial performance of the project, including PSR, PFC and CI report
- Assist in preparation of monthly owner project status reports, as required
- Communicate and enforce Skanska Safety and Health Management Program
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and mentoring others
- Perform other duties as required
Job Skills & Abilities Guidelines
- Must have broad knowledge of industry and the application of construction estimating, cost, project controls/scheduling, documentation, engineering and construction principles, techniques, applications, and practices
- Ability to represent Skanska and related entities in a professional, ethical and transparent manner at all times to ensure company policies and procedures as well as compliance to all applicable laws and regulations
- Functional understanding of contracts, documents, drawings, and specifications
- Understanding and application of accounting and cost with basic math skills
- Ability to function effectively and in a professional manner as part of a team
- Strong computer skills and experience with project related systems such as Microsoft Office Suite products, SketchUp, Prolog, Sure Track, Primavera and Bluebeam.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in technical disciplines such as engineering, construction management, architecture, or equivalent technical area of study. 3+ years of experience in construction, engineering or architectural related position or combined internships.
- Or, Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in business disciplines such as business administration, accounting/finance or management. 5+ years of experience in project coordination and support on construction, engineering, or equivalent technical projects.
- Or, non-degree holders must possess 7+ years of experience in a construction, engineering or architectural related position and planning to advance their education to a baccalaureate-level.
Authority The Senior Project Engineer derives his or her authority, and performs all duties with guidance, from the Senior Project Manager or Project Manager.