This exciting role as a Senior Project Engineer – will be responsible for coordination of design, development, test and delivery of projects encompassing heating boilers and their related products. The position directs all phases of the projects, including the planning, scheduling, budgeting and assignment of personnel. Maintain developmental capabilities relevant to heating boiler advancement and engage in cross-divisional collaboration.
This position will serve our Air Condition Division located in Fort Smith, AR
WHAT YOU’LL DO
•Lead the design and development effort for major projects utilizing company product development process. This may involve coordinating the efforts of other engineers assigned to that particular project in addition to support personnel.
•Coordinate major phases of the product development process with affected groups such as R&D, Product Management, Sales, Manufacturing Engineering, Accounting, Purchasing, and Shipping as well as outside vendors to ensure projects are completed on schedule and meeting objectives established by the project team.
•Supervise employees assigned to the project with responsibility to meet product and project requirements. Define objectives, prepare specifications, plans and schedules and assign responsibilities to subordinates.
•Establish and maintain electronic project schedules, determine the progress of assigned projects throughout the design and development phases.
•Determine personnel requirements for individual projects considering such factors as work to be accomplished, skill of available personnel, present work load and contractual limitations.
•Provide technical assistance to Product Management, Customer Service, and Manufacturing as required.
•Manage the preparation of contractual correspondence and reports, including records of drawings, released material list, quality issue reports, changes in service and performance data and delivery information.
•Investigate and troubleshoot serious product design related problems and opportunities, documenting finds and performing corrective/improvement changes and approve Engineering Changes.
•Investigate pertinent factors such as interchangeability, service requirements, efficiency requirements and agency requirements.
•Evaluate products for ease of manufacturability, cost and performance.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 8-10 years of related experience in project management within a product research and development environment, in project management in a product research and development environment.
- Working knowledge of UL, ANSI, CSA Furnace safety, performance and installations standards.
- Experience in design, development and manufacture of products. (water heaters, boilers, furnaces or similar HVAC type products).
- Working knowledge of Pro-Engineer solids modeling software.
- Strong team/group management skills with demonstrated project management accomplishments
- Experience in evaluating products for manufacturability, cost and performance
- Experience in investigating, troubleshooting, documenting, and performing corrective actions in product designs
- Strong inter company and external coordination skills
- Strong Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Strong communication/presentation skills with experience in presenting information to top management
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills
- Must be capable of working in a Laboratory Test Facility around loud equipment
- Experience in engineering/manufacturing change processes
HOW TO STAND OUT
- BS Mechanical, Chemical or Combustion Engineering
- Demonstrated Experience in cross-functional project management.
- 8years of experience in related field expertise