Established Ft. Smith Arkansas Durable Goods manufacturer is seeking a Sr. Project Engineer to Direct and Coordinate the activities involved in LEADING PROJECT DEVELOPMENT for the companies Durable Goods products.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate skills related to defining product scope, prototype creation & evaluation, application and safety test plans and validation of product and component designs of Product Lines to exceed customer expectations.
- Responsible for contractual fulfillment of the assigned projects. Define objectives, prepare specifications, plans and schedules and assign responsibilities to subordinates. Coordinate the design, development, manufacture, test and delivery of projects.
- Analyze and or perform research and testing on potential designs as they relate to numerous requirements including agency, shop, fit, cost, reliability and schedule.
- Coordinate such activities as purchasing, accounting, manufacturing, outside suppliers in identifying cost effective, innovative solutions.
- Direct preparation of records of drawings released material list, changes in service and performance data and delivery information.
- Prepare progress reports to management covering all phases of the projects, from cradle to grave.
- Investigate and troubleshoot serious product design related problems and opportunities, documenting finds and performing corrective/improvement changes.
- Approve Engineering Changes.
- Investigate pertinent factors such as interchangeability, service requirements, efficiency and agency requirements. Use statistical analysis to ensure product performance as a part of manufacturing variability.
- Evaluate products for ease of manufacturability, cost and performance.
- Apply physical, chemical and mathematical concepts to solve design problems, and the creation of new designs.
- Manage projects of large and small scale, to ensure project is executed within time, cost and budget constraints.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (ME, EE, BSChE, etc.
- 5-10 years of related experience in project management within a product research and development environment.
- Experience in design, development and manufacture of Durable Goods/
- Working knowledge of Pro-Engineer solids modeling software.
- Strong team/group management skills with demonstrated project management accomplishments
- Experience in evaluating products for manufacturability, cost and performance
- Experience in investigating, troubleshooting, documenting, and performing corrective actions in product designs
- Experience in contract administration, and working with outside vendors
- Strong Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Must be capable of working in a Laboratory Test Facility around loud equipment
- Experience in engineering/manufacturing change processes
Send your resume in complete confidentiality!